• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Now, this is driving me mad!
    If I try to copy larger Files from my PC to my peg,
    The Network Connection breaks down after a few seconds,
    In best case i can transfer about 300 meg or so,
    but then the connection breaks down.

I ve tried MiamiDX and Genesis, no luck with both.
    I also played around with MTU but no luck either.
    It also doesn`t matter what kind of protocol I am using, ftp, http,
    smb nothing goes, the only way to continue the transfer (at least with
    Ohlsons smbfs) is to set the device off and online again,
    unfortunatelly this will lead to a crash if i do so to often.

I have a peg 1/April2 with latest MOS installed (1.4.2)
    device is via_rhinepci.device Version 50.10

Any Ideas?
  • »11.03.04 - 09:30
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    ThePlayer
    I had the same Problem with the OnBoard Lan, after puting an RTL8139 in my Peg no problems with large files at all.
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 running UWQHD Resolution
  • »11.03.04 - 11:34
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Recently my network connection was fixed (someone had installed terminator to the network...)

Anyway, after that I got a very similar problem, network works, but only for a while... After a while, even pings won't go through... With Genesis it compains about "Out of buffer send space" (or similar) and switching it offline and back online makes connection work for a while yet again... Only to fail a while later...

A really annoying problem, sometimes it stops working in a few seconds!

And same connection seems to work on windows PC

I've tried both onboard ethernet and PCI ethernet card (That worked well earlier with same connection)

I hope someone can help... Tried both Genesis and MiamiDX
  • »11.03.04 - 12:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Toto
    I've got problems when I want to copy files from my Windows box to the Pegasos. The system locks and I have to reboot. It happens with small and large files.
    This does not happen when I read files from my Windows box.
    I'm using Miami DX and smbfs.
  • »11.03.04 - 12:14
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    Does anyone here have a solid performing network with a pc?

All of my Amiga stuff is on my pc waiting for my Peg II. About 20 Gigs worth, is this a problem with all peg II's?
  • »11.03.04 - 12:16
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Chain-Q
    As i already told in another topic, my PegII/G4 works together flawlessly with my Amiga, and an Athlon+WinXP system. Using MiamiDX, SMBFS and Samba, i can copy to/from the pc with speed above 4,5mb/sec. (And the winpeecee is the bottleneck...) No lockups. I usually listen some streams from the net using Aminetradio, and/or copy DVD grabs to/from the peecee, so dozens of gigs of data moves. And since i usually don't turn off my computers (because RC5-72, hehe), i always has at least a few days uptime. Rock solid & stable.

The only trouble i have with my Pegasos II is the infamous coldreboot reset issue, because i have a Seagate HDD.
    [.PegasosII/G4.:.Efika.:.Amiga2000/060.]
    [.Free Pascal Compiler MorphOS Port.]
    [.Hosting AmigaSpirit.hu.]
  • »11.03.04 - 12:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Toto
    I only have troubles when I want to copy files from my Window box. All the other stuff like internet, streaming audio with Aminetradio etc works great.
  • »11.03.04 - 12:51
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Jupp: same here!! I was going to report this issue also.. I get "not
    enough mbufs" "m_clalloc:max amount of memory already used"... I'm
    using Genesis, and also built in LAN.
  • »11.03.04 - 13:05
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    >I had the same Problem with the OnBoard Lan, after putting an RTL8139 in my Peg no problems with large files at all.

Exactly the same here. Actually no problems at all, be it small files, big files or streaming...
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »11.03.04 - 15:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Ok, I just "emerged" samba under Gentoo Linux,
    Here the Filetransfer works without Problems.
    So my guess is, that the Problem under Mos has something to do with the via bug/missing workaround?

To bad, because i don`t want to use another network card. Same goes for sound, i want to use the onboard one, no Problem with Linux, but distortions under Mos (and no, i have the new Radeon driver allready, it is better now, but far away from beeing good)
  • »11.03.04 - 16:09
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Okay, I did some additional testing...

Maybe it would be best to describe my network a bit first...

I have a HUB, and I've connected my Pegasos and PC there by rj45 cables. From HUB there's BNC cable, that connects me to local network & internet.

So, I tried removing the BNC cable and pinging my Pegasos from PC and vice versa. No problems. Then when I connected BNC, all network activities on my Pegasos (including but not restricted to sending pings successfully and replying to them) seemed to die. And "network activity" led doesn't flash on port Pegasos is connected to, as it usually does, when I'm pinging from there...

If I use Genesis, I can simply press disconnect and connect, and the network will work for a while again (Sometimes longer, now already 5 minutes!)

I'm using Realtek Ethernet card, as that connects faster (Well, I just have to do lots of "connecting"...)

Oh, whatever is cousing this, it doesn't seem to affect, for example, Windows' TCP/IP at all...
  • »12.03.04 - 06:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    There is a way to increase these defaults. I seem to recall the Samba documentation actually recommending them.

For the record, when I had my Peg 1/April 2...Miami DX would work flawlesslt on the LAN (although I had already used miamisysctl to increase the default buffers) My install of AmiTCP 4.x (same stack Genesis is based on) had significant issues running Samba, including the mbufs error - unfortunately I never did solve it.

Steve
  • »12.03.04 - 22:14
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    For some reason, my connection seems to be working better for now... Already 22 minutes online without problems, maybe it's due to the fact, that there seems to be much less network collisions now?
    (Too bad I can't do really anything about them... Putting Linux machine in-between would be one solution, but my Pegasos is my only computer with 2 Ethernet connectors...)
  • »13.03.04 - 04:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Quote:

same here!! I was going to report this issue also.. I get "not enough mbufs" "m_clalloc:max amount of memory already used"... I'm using Genesis, and also built in LAN

I'm not 100% sure, but that could be coused by too big TCP buffers... I have set both to 32768 bytes, if I doubled that, connection worked really bad, if at all...

Oh, and my network problem was solved by putting Switch between my HUB and Pegasos, works now better than ever!

I guess problem might have been coused by enormous amount of traffic, when only small part of that was to my Pegasos...
  • »19.03.04 - 15:30
    Profile Visit Website