How to speed up scroll up/down with MUI's scrollbar buttons?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    emeck
    Hello,

is there an option somewhere? Scrolling up/down with the buttons on the scrollbar is painfully slow. Not problem a problem with a normal mouse but if I forgot to carry it, using the powerbook's pad is, well, slow.
    PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.18
    Mac Mini MorphOS 3.18
  • »26.03.16 - 19:52
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

emeck wrote:
    Hello,

is there an option somewhere? Scrolling up/down with the buttons on the scrollbar is painfully slow. Not problem a problem with a normal mouse but if I forgot to carry it, using the powerbook's pad is, well, slow.

Two-fingered scroll mate. :)
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »26.03.16 - 20:48
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    emeck
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:
    Two-fingered scroll mate. :)

That doesn't work with Powerbook 5,2 models :(
    Mac Mini MorphOS 3.18
  • »26.03.16 - 23:31
  • MorphOS Developer
    Nadir
    Quote:

emeck wrote:
    Hello,

There's an ugly way of doing that, namely increasing the frequency of intuiticks. Back in the days of MorphOS on pup hardware I used to do that with a simple command line tool that I had written. While this worked to speed up scrolling in the browsers of the time, it's really a hack which isn't recommended as some software might depend on those ticks arriving about 10 times per second.
  • »27.03.16 - 19:54
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    MUI scroll buttons probably should be adjusted to scroll faster. It is ridiculously slow but I admit I never noticed that since I never used those buttons... I am always dragging the bar.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »27.03.16 - 20:57
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    emeck
    Quote:

Nadir wrote:
    Quote:

emeck wrote:
    Hello,

There's an ugly way of doing that, namely increasing the frequency of intuiticks. Back in the days of MorphOS on pup hardware I used to do that with a simple command line tool that I had written. While this worked to speed up scrolling in the browsers of the time, it's really a hack which isn't recommended as some software might depend on those ticks arriving about 10 times per second.

Not really capable of doing that myself, I think. Anyway, arrow up/down keys work fast so I can live with that.
    Mac Mini MorphOS 3.18
  • »29.03.16 - 20:53
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    emeck
    Quote:

itix wrote:
    MUI scroll buttons probably should be adjusted to scroll faster. It is ridiculously slow but I admit I never noticed that since I never used those buttons... I am always dragging the bar.

I'm using the arrow uo/down keys, wich work fast. But sometimes I forget and use the scrollbar buttons!
    Mac Mini MorphOS 3.18
  • »29.03.16 - 20:55