MUI freezing when skin changed while program's MUI screen ac
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I just thought I'd change the skin on OWB, so went to the MUI prefs, and opted to edit the screenmode to access the skins list, but when I changed the skin and saved it I found that the screen did not refresh and reload - it just disappeared, along with the response to any gadgets on the window/screen menubard, which was all that was visible, on the basically blank screen that I was now left on. :-(

I toggled back with the keyboard to the Ambient screen, where all seemed OK, until I tried to access the MUI prefs - which did not work.

Is this a known issue, or is this a problem that should be fixed?

I seem to be able to change the skin if the screen is not active/not loaded/not open, but once it has been opened/loaded/active it reacts as I've described above.

I had a quick look for this topic by way of searching on this forum but couldn't find anything that seemed the same issue, but I hope I haven't missed something on this topic that already explains either that a developer is aware of this issue or it is a known problem with a solution.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »21.02.16 - 03:41
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:

Is this a known issue, or is this a problem that should be fixed?

Not a known issue. Probably OWB failed to refresh properly dor reason or another.

Is this repeatable, what were steps to produce this, was OWB on a specific web page when this occured?
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »21.02.16 - 10:55
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I initially tried the same option (change skin) using Calimero, but that too also had the same effect, and in that earlier instance the whole system soon froze completely, and required a switch off/restart.

I will try to repeat this process, and if I get the chance will check the debug log to see what insight that gives.

I was just trying to see if this was a known problem, but if it's not then I'll see what I can do to make it repeatable to offer as much insight into what's going wrong, and then report it as a bug if need be, which frankly is looking like what I will have to do.

Anyway, thanks for the advice so far, and I'll carry out what's been suggested first of all.

EDIT: This error occurs every time I try to change the skin for a specific screen - ones checked, OWB and Calimero (checked after individual re-starts - so no interaction between the programs to cause the error to self-generate) so I have now sent a BUG REPORT to MOS TEAM
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »21.02.16 - 18:26
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    I will try to repeat this process, and if I get the chance will check the debug log to see what insight that gives.

One option is to launch the logtool program from SDK's Tools drawer. It will show the debug log in real time, and you can see more easily if there's a hit just before the complete crash/hang.
  • »22.02.16 - 06:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    deka
    I also have the same experience: If you want to freeze MOS, you can easily do it by playing with the theme settings. ;)
  • »22.02.16 - 08:35
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Sorry for this one - it keeps coming back. It's most likely a bug in one of the standard screenbars. Sadly, this is a bit hard to track down and fix...
  • »22.02.16 - 17:19
    Profile Visit Website