Poly Organiser not working under MorphOS 3.8
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    The PolyOrga software refuses to initialise...ttengine installed but the only thing that comes up is an output window which says "Fail in application init" and gives no further information.

Has anyone got it working. The version I have is 1.16 is there a more up to date version?

Help ...;)
  • »23.06.15 - 21:47
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Tcheko
    It needs NList.mcc and other MUI classes stuff.

See Snoopium for a complete list of missing MUI classes.
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »23.06.15 - 22:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Tom01
    Version 1.16 is working.
  • »23.06.15 - 22:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Snoopium says its missing powerterm.mcc which I have discovered is part of MUIcon.lha will install it see if it helps...
  • »23.06.15 - 22:55
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    @Tom01 not for me yet it isn't

Re-Edit: After installing MCC_Nlist and MUICon classes it is indeed now working :)

[ Edited by zerohour 23.06.2015 - 22:21 ]
  • »23.06.15 - 22:55
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    TTEngine and MUICon stuff are nowadays part of the MorphOS distribution. You should not install them afterwards from any other source, you only get older versions of them to the system. The latest separate PowerTerm.mcc is from 2007, while with MorphOS you get version from 2014! I'd suggest you to remove all that stuff you installed now, and hopefully you installed them all to SYS: and not to MOSSYS: and didn't replace any existing system component by that.

Nlist was the key in this case I think, and it would have been enough alone to fix the problem.

If Snoopium said in some lines that it didn't find powerterm.mcc, but did it say on some other line that it finally did find it? It's enough that system finds it in one place, even though it's trying to open it from several other locations and fails on them. In any case, powerterm.mcc should be by default at SYS:MorphOS/Classes/MUI/ and doesn't need any manual installation.

When installing or updating new classes or libraries etc, always check if you already have it in SYS:MorphOS/ directories! If you have it there, don't install any other version anywhere! And if you don't have it there, then you can install it to SYS: directories (not ever in SYS:MorphOS/ aka MOSSYS:).
  • »24.06.15 - 08:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Snoopium did not find powerterm.mcc It came up Failed in all listings. Then I had to install Nlist I installed them to sys: so all good. MOSSYS: has not been touched.

So it is working fine

[ Edited by zerohour 24.06.2015 - 08:48 ]
  • »24.06.15 - 09:44
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

zerohour wrote:
    Snoopium did not find powerterm.mcc It came up Failed in all listings. Then I had to install Nlist I installed them to sys: so all good. MOSSYS: has not been touched.

So it is working fine

In any case, if you now have powerterm.mcc in both SYS:Classes/MUI/ and SYS:MorphOS/Classes/MUI/, you should remove it from the SYS:Classes/MUI just in case.
  • »24.06.15 - 10:58
    Profile Visit Website