ProStation Audio
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    tolkien
    Hello!
    Has anyone tried this beast in MorphOS recently?
    I work with audio and this prog seems very interesting years ago?
    What happened to them? mmmm Could anyone knows them?
    Could be open source?

http://www.audiolabs.it/index.html

Greetings.
    MorphOS: PowerMac G5 - PowerBook G4 - MacMini.
    Classic: Amiga 1200/060 - A500 PiStorm
  • »20.05.14 - 06:07
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Seems to do nothing after loading.......shows only GUI and hangs......
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »20.05.14 - 08:03
    tolkien
    Thanks mate! So It's totally useless. It's a shame cos I think It was a good product.
    MorphOS: PowerMac G5 - PowerBook G4 - MacMini.
    Classic: Amiga 1200/060 - A500 PiStorm
  • »20.05.14 - 19:28
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Elric
    Hello!

I'm working with music (was a job, now privately, future???) and if I'm not good on ProStationAudio for now, my obective is to use it, because AudioDesk is quite good but on macos, Audacity very useful, but I want in fine a MorphOS solution.
    An idea too, stoped nowadays because of "life things", is to make working on MorphOS, the external soundcard MOTU 828 MK2... A begining of test was tried, under Yomguy's "wishdom", but betwin my $*? and His Quebec's this work is in stand-by...
    On Audilabs side, I tried to contact them for extra informations but with no reply...
    Perhaps if we contact them as a MorphOS user groupment, there will be more chances???

For the launch hazard, I had it too, but can't yet figure out to remember what should be wrong...

I made a try there's one year or so, and it was running... The only thing I can't figure out is the aspect of requesters, with white text and white background... I didn't arrive to tune up a PSA MUI to resolve that...
    Maybe it's time to try it again...

Should be interesting too, to know who/how many use or want to use PSA, in order at least to try a dynamic, and at best to contact more usefully Audiolabs???

AmiMorphOSian regards!
  • »20.05.14 - 21:03
  • MorphOS Developer
    cyfm
    I was in contact with Maurizio Ciccone, the author behind ProStation Audio back in 2003. ProStation Audio was supposed to be supplied with every sold Pegasos as a unlimited MorphOS version back then as some software addon licensed by Genesi.
    From there on, it didn't evolve much afaik. It definitely had quite some potential back in the days when MorphOS 1.4.x was still around.
  • »20.05.14 - 21:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    cyfm
    I was in contact with Maurizio Ciccone, the author behind ProStation Audio back in 2003. ProStation Audio was supposed to be supplied with every sold Pegasos as a unlimited MorphOS version back then as some software addon licensed by Genesi.
    From there on, it didn't evolve much afaik. It definitely had quite some potential back in the days when MorphOS 1.4.x was still around.
  • »20.05.14 - 21:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    realstar
    Audio Evolution 4 was looking like a nice alternative but the mixdown to disk feature doesn't seem to work for multiple tracks. It uses AHIOUT device but fails to output anything. Unfortunately the author of that software never released the source code as promised so we are left with 2 abandoned linear audio editors. I still use it for recording and saving single tracks from LPs. Prostation works too but often hangs under certain conditions.
  • »21.05.14 - 14:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    Seems to do nothing after loading.......shows only GUI and hangs......

Here it starts and doesn't hang, but I'm not sure if it works correctly. I don't know how to use it, but anyway finally got some audio out of it too :)

It outputs this kind of stuff to log.. maybe something isn't drawn because of it?

Unsupported pixfmt for mask conversion (0)
    cgx/WPAAlpha unsupported pixfmt: 0 for RECTFMT_ARGB

Tried with ProStationAudio Titanium v5.11.
  • »21.05.14 - 15:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    hmm - here it hangs.... think I should do it with a"vigin"-MOS-System........
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »21.05.14 - 15:53
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 schrieb:
    hmm - here it hangs.... think I should do it with a"vigin"-MOS-System........

Here it starts, but opening a file doesn't work anymore. A file requester flashes up and disappears right away then. I used it quite to some degree on my Pegasos in prae Mac mini times and IIRC it actually not only ran on 1.4.5 but also on 2.x, too.
    It's a nice and rather powerful program, albeit a few things are a bit complicated IMHO. Quite some time ago since I seriously used it though... Maybe I should dig out my Pegasos from the attic and play a bit around with that program again...
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »21.05.14 - 21:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    XzIt
    is hd-rec still working under 3.x ?

http://hd-rec.de/HD-Rec/index.php?site=home

this work nicly atleast before 2.x, dont know if it wors at all anymore...

X
  • »23.05.14 - 13:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
    rms
    Quote:

XzIt wrote:

is hd-rec still working under 3.x ?

http://hd-rec.de/HD-Rec/index.php?site=home

this work nicly atleast before 2.x, dont know if it wors at all anymore...

X

ahh, because hd rec worked under MorphOS??? For complex adio operations?
    I was never able to do anything with it...
  • »23.05.14 - 15:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > is hd-rec still working under 3.x ? http://hd-rec.de/HD-Rec/index.php?site=home
    > this work nicly atleast before 2.x, dont know if it wors at all anymore...

At least starting the program, loading a bundled project and replaying it has always worked fine for me on MorphOS 1.x through 3.x. I've never tried to do more with it, though.
  • »23.05.14 - 19:42
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Yeah - works good (MOS 3.x) - I'm working with it....it's a great peece of software....
  • »23.05.14 - 20:06