Questions concerning Morphos
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    I have a few questions concerning Morphos. I placed a preorder for a peg 2 today and wanted to see how it would perform for my needs.

1. How well does it run productivity software. Specifically - Checkitout, Pagestream, and Organizer?

2. What quake II should I use? Can I do 3d with a voodoo 3500 card and hyperion's version?

3. Can I print to a network printer. I currently use turbo print and lpr-device on my amiga 3k's and it works great. Will this work in Morphos?

4. How stable and usable is the Pegasos 2 with Morphos 1.4?

Thanks so much!

Matt
  • »10.02.04 - 14:17
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    td741
    Don't know all of the answers but here goes...

1. I'm running Pagestream 4.1 just fine on my Peg + MOS system. There was a few problems related to installation. However, there will be a MOS-native version of Pagestream and Grasshopper LLC is offering a cross-grade offer. I don't know about the other software mentionned.

2. I use Hyperion's Quake II and it works fine. I have to use software renderer since I'm currently on a Radeon though.

3. Never tried, can't tell.

4. Well, my Peg is leagues more stable then my A4000. At the moment the Peg is about as stable as the software your running... There are some bugs here and there, but I generally don't run into them.
    Steph
  • »10.02.04 - 15:24
    Profile Visit Website