Startup sequence and programs already installed and moved to
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    Firts of all, I apologize for the multiple threads. I'm trying to catch up for the time I was down (1 year).

I'm uisng yet another version of Pagestream (4) that I had installed in my previos installation of MorphOS 3.1. Following some advice, I made a copy of some of the applications I had installed before, since I had to amke a fresh installation of MOS 3,3, to be able to install Chrysalis 3.3.1.

I moved a copy of this previous Pagestream4 installation to my Work: partition. This moved version works, after I click the "Pagestream4 Assigns" option, which part of the content in the folder containing my saved copy of PGS4.

Of course, I don't have anything recorded in the user-startup for PGS4, since this version was not installed following any installation script,, so everytime I boot up, I have to run the "Pagestream4 Assigns" to make it work.

So the question is how do I modify my startup sequence to handle this as it was a normally installed application?

My original installation in MorphOS 3.1 looked like this:
    ;BEGIN PageStream4
    Assign PageStream4: "sys:Applications/PageStream4"
    Assign SoftLogik: "PageStream4:SoftLogik"
    Assign Fonts: "PageStream4:SoftLogik/Fonts" ADD
    ;END PageStream4

Reminder, my "moved" installation is in Works: Pagestream4.

I will appreciate any help.
    MacMini G4 1.5GHz with MorphOS 3.9 FPGA MiST w/AmigaOS 3.9 (PFS3), FPGA Replay w/AmigaOS3.9, Amiga 1200 SCSI CD-RW, X-SURF 100 w/Rapidroad USB, External FDD with Chinon and Gotek units and Acer Aspire One ICAROS
  • »05.10.13 - 19:06
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Add (with some text editor, Ed or Scribble for example) to SYS:S/user-startup file these lines (I assume you mean Work, not Works, but add s there on second line if I'm wrong):

;BEGIN PageStream4
    Assign PageStream4: "Work:PageStream4"
    ;END PageStream4

And of course you can check what that "Pagestream4 Assigns" file contains, it's just a text file. If it looks different than those previously mentioned lines, then you can modify user-startup according to it too...

[ Edited by jPV 05.10.2013 - 21:31 ]
  • »05.10.13 - 19:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    Add (with some text editor, Ed or Scribble for example) to SYS:S/user-startup file these lines (I assume you mean Work, not Works, but add s there on second line if I'm wrong):

;BEGIN PageStream4
    ;END PageStream4

And of course you can check what that "Pagestream4 Assigns" file contains, it's just a text file. If it looks different than those previously mentioned lines, then you can modify user-startup according to it too...

Thank you for your response and help.

I made some progress with your script, but now everytime I start the application after a reboot or power up, a window pops up asking me to mount or assign. I choose Assign and then point to Work:PageStream4 and the prgram opens OK.

How can I avoid this?

And by the way, the "PageStreamAssigns" is an executable file so I can't see or edit the script.

[ Edited by WeiXing3D 05.10.2013 - 12:26 ]
    MacMini G4 1.5GHz with MorphOS 3.9 FPGA MiST w/AmigaOS 3.9 (PFS3), FPGA Replay w/AmigaOS3.9, Amiga 1200 SCSI CD-RW, X-SURF 100 w/Rapidroad USB, External FDD with Chinon and Gotek units and Acer Aspire One ICAROS
  • »05.10.13 - 20:21
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

WeiXing3D wrote:

I made some progress with your script, but now everytime I start the application after a reboot or power up, a window pops up asking me to mount or assign. I choose Assign and then point to Work:PageStream4 and the prgram opens OK.

Well, what assign it wants to do? It should read in that window.

Quote:

And by the way, the "PageStreamAssigns" is an executable file so I can't see or edit the script.

Sure about that? They're usually script files...
  • »05.10.13 - 21:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    Quote:

How can I avoid this?

Try:
    Code:

;START PageStream
    if exists work:pagestream
    Assign PageStream: "work:PageStream"
    Assign PageStream3: "work:PageStream"
    Assign PageStream4: "work:PageStream"
    Assign SoftLogik: "PageStream:SoftLogik"
    endif
    ;END PageStream

(Not sure if Pagestream3 is really required, but this is what I have in s:user-startup.

NB - It's best to wrap program assigns in "if exists // endif" statements - that way if you delete the program (and its folder) from your hard drive, you won't be annoyed by requesters on a reboot. :-)

[ Edited by boot_wb 05.10.2013 - 21:20 ]
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »05.10.13 - 21:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    No matter what script of the recommended ones I use, I still have to manually assign the Work:PageStream4/ folder manually evrytime that I reboot.
  • »06.10.13 - 02:16
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

WeiXing3D wrote:
    No matter what script of the recommended ones I use, I still have to manually assign the Work:PageStream4/ folder manually evrytime that I reboot.

So, please tell us what assign it is asking in the requester then. When it says

Please insert volume
    xxx
    in any drive

Retry Assign... Mount Deny Cancel

What reads there on xxx? You have to add that assign to user-startup too.
  • »06.10.13 - 07:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    It say Please Insert volume PageSteram in any drive. Retry - Assign - Mount - Deny - Cancel.

And my user-startup reads;

;BEGIN PageStream4
    ;END PageStream4

Quote:

jPV wrote:
    Quote:

WeiXing3D wrote:

So, please tell us what assign it is asking in the requester then. When it says

Please insert volume
    xxx
    in any drive

Retry Assign... Mount Deny Cancel

What reads there on xxx? You have to add that assign to user-startup too.

• »06.10.13 - 21:28
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I have just sent a reply to WeiXing3D explaining that there is a vital line of the Pagestream assigns missing

Namely :-

Assign Pagestream: Work:Pagestream4

His system is looking for a psuedo (assigned) volume called "Pagestream:" which it cannot find because the "Pagestream:" volume is NOT assigned in his user-startup - but this line added into his user-startup as the first line of the Pagestream assigns should cure his problems - I hope :-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »06.10.13 - 23:55
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    @NewSense - I just sent you a thank you PM since it is now working perfectly. Many thanks again.

Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    I have just sent a reply to WeiXing3D explaining that there is a vital line of the Pagestream assigns missing

Namely :-

Assign Pagestream: Work:Pagestream4

His system is looking for a psuedo (assigned) volume called "Pagestream:" which it cannot find because the "Pagestream:" volume is NOT assigned in his user-startup - but this line added into his user-startup as the first line of the Pagestream assigns should cure his problems - I hope :-D
  • »07.10.13 - 00:26
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Glad to have been of help
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »08.10.13 - 01:46
  • Visitor
  • RuneScapeis a game company, Jagdish Fox Game Studios massively multiplayer

online role-playing game.
    Link:http://www.fastfifacoins.com/
  • »08.10.13 - 06:21