OWB bug specific to my G5 model?
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    I've semi-retired my FW800 and have been using my G5/2.0Ghz Power Mac full time recently. I'm using it for everything from web browsing, to games, to emulators and watching videos etc. It seems to be rock solid so far with one exception that can be replicated on a consistent basis. If I start using Facebook chat, the system will hard crash rather quickly, usually within 10-15 minutes if not sooner.

My MDD never had this problem. When I was using a Quicksilver, I never had this problem. A friend I chat with often has a G5 and does not have this problem. I'd have to think that it is a software problem since it is the instability I have using this G5 with MorphOS and it can be replicated every time.It is for sure specific to FB Chat and *NOT* Facebook in general.

Thoughts?
  • »24.09.13 - 15:05
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    I've semi-retired my FW800 and have been using my G5/2.0Ghz Power Mac full time recently. I'm using it for everything from web browsing, to games, to emulators and watching videos etc. It seems to be rock solid so far with one exception that can be replicated on a consistent basis. If I start using Facebook chat, the system will hard crash rather quickly, usually within 10-15 minutes if not sooner.

My MDD never had this problem. When I was using a Quicksilver, I never had this problem. A friend I chat with often has a G5 and does not have this problem. I'd have to think that it is a software problem since it is the instability I have using this G5 with MorphOS and it can be replicated every time.It is for sure specific to FB Chat and *NOT* Facebook in general.

Thoughts?

I believe it's due to facebook chat audio notifications, which make ffmpeg explode for some strange reason. You can disable audio notifications in your account settings somewhere.
  • »24.09.13 - 15:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Fab,
    Quote:

I believe it's due to facebook chat audio notifications, which make ffmpeg explode for some strange reason. You can disable audio notifications in your account settings somewhere.

That was fast! Sounds like it isn't just me and an easy fix. I will try it out tonight when I get home.

You the man Fab :-D
  • »24.09.13 - 16:48
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cego
    my powerbook crashes when i play around with the audio slider from the sbar module when watching a html5 video on youtube in OWB. does anybody gave the same problem?
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »24.09.13 - 17:04
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Doffo
    Cego,
    Quote:

my powerbook crashes when i play around with the audio slider from the sbar module when watching a html5 video on youtube in OWB. does anybody gave the same problem?

Gave it a go on my Mac Mini. No problems here... My volume slider will move smoothly, whereas my MDD Mac the slider itself seems to skip while you drag it. Thinking it might lock up the MDD. Don't have it near me but someone else might be able to confirm it.
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »25.09.13 - 03:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    redrumloa,
    Quote:

Fab,
    Quote:

That was fast! Sounds like it isn't just me and an easy fix. I will try it out tonight when I get home.

You the man Fab :-D

For the record, this worked perfectly! Thanks!
  • »25.09.13 - 18:54