Skins:
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    In_Correct
    I have figured out ways to make Windows run faster. (Windows XP. I take forever to upgrade Windows.) I have always known about "Adjust for Best Performance." and have applied those settings.

One performance feature I like is Outline Dragging. When you move a window, It drags only the outline instead of the entire window. The Window still appears in the new location, but without dragging the entire window. Mac OS 9.2.2 and earlier also have this feature when moving a window. The Windows version of classic Solitaire also has an Outline Dragging option.

But then I discovered that Windows has other skins. I selected the High Contrast #2 Skin. Not only does it look cool, 8-) but also that skin makes Windows run faster! I think it is because most of the screen is black now instead of light which I think darker colors are easier on the screen and graphics processor.

Does MorphOS have Outline Dragging feature?
    And does it have skins? If so, does it have a High Contrast one? :-?

MorphOS runs faster than Windows but if MorphOS had these features then it would run even faster! :-D

Sorry about these noob questions. I still have not installed or used MorphOS but I still support it and plan to install someday. :-)

[ Edited by In_Correct 05.05.2013 - 17:21 ]
    :-) I Support Quark Microkernel. :-D
  • »05.05.13 - 22:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    If you want to see outlines when dragging or resizing windows, you can open System Settings -> IControl and in the Screens and Desktop tab uncheck 'Drag windows with full contents' and 'Resize windows with full contents'. However, while resizing w/o contents will be faster, dragging will unlikely give you a noticable performance boost - Radeons most of us use are fast enough to deal with this :) If you want a slightly faster display in general, you could disable all visual gimmicks in MUI settings, but again, the performance gain will be hardly noticable.
  • »05.05.13 - 22:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I think it is because most of the screen is black now instead of light which I think
    > darker colors are easier on the [...] graphics processor.

I have my doubts about that.

> does it have skins?

Of course it has. MorphOS 3.1 comes with 10 different skins. And more are downloadable, for instance there:

http://downloads.morph.zone/categories/system/graphics
  • »05.05.13 - 23:12