I'm speechless !
    Thx ! Very much !
    Proud user of MorphOS since 2003 !
  • »30.12.22 - 13:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    tolkien
    Oh man! First time I win something in my life hehehe. I can only say thanks so much.
    MorphOS: PowerMac G5 - PowerBook G4 - MacMini.
    Classic: Amiga 1200/060 - A500 PiStorm
  • »30.12.22 - 14:23
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    Enjoy the great software guys. MorphOS needs more excellent software just like this. At least DTP is well covered now as is web browsing.

[ Edited by discreetfx 30.12.2022 - 10:26 ]
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »30.12.22 - 16:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Thank you very much! :)
    What a wonderful surprise! :)

[ Editiert durch Primax 30.12.2022 - 20:24 ]
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
    Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / 128 MB RAM / AmigaOS 3.9
  • »30.12.22 - 19:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    BatteMan
    Just receive the confirmation mail and the licence for the pro version has been added to my account ! What ending for 2k22 !
    Thx Bill, thx Deron, thx Frank, Christoph and everybody involved !
    Proud user of MorphOS since 2003 !
  • »30.12.22 - 20:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • IKE
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    IKE
    I don't really do DTP but I bought a license to support these MorphOS developers. Looks good so far, I'll have to play around with it some more!
    IKE

MacMini G4 1.5Ghz/PowerBook G4 1.67Ghz/PowerMac G5 2.0Ghz DP 7,2 Radeon 9650/256MB

Join the conversation @ r/morphos
  • »30.12.22 - 23:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    All the winners should have their PageStream 5.1 Pro licensing information by now. Enjoy your new DTP software and have a wonderful 2023. Keep a lookout for future DiscreetFX giveaways and contests in 2023.
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »01.01.23 - 14:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

discreetfx schrieb:
    All the winners should have their PageStream 5.1 Pro licensing information by now. Enjoy your new DTP software and have a wonderful 2023. Keep a lookout for future DiscreetFX giveaways and contests in 2023.

I like your initiative! How about a give away for content providers.
    I think we need more content (progams, tutorials, youtube videos, etc.) and while it's mostly due to internal motivation some incentive could elicitate a little additional motivation.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »01.01.23 - 15:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    Great idea, we will consider it.
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »01.01.23 - 16:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    _coliN_
    Hello!

Are the scripts in new Pagestream working, like CurveText?
    Or is my installation faulty?

It makes a lot of fun working with the new version, now this feature is still missing...

Thanks!
  • »11.01.23 - 15:57
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    Having a blast using this!

Can you print a document to a printer?
  • »11.01.23 - 19:14
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

matt3 wrote: Having a blast using this!

Good got hear you're enjoying using it. :-)
    Quote:

matt3 wrote: Can you print a document to a printer?

Of course you can. What type of printer do you have? Is it an inkjet or a laser or some other type. Also, do you know if it supports PostScript or PCL printing? :-?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »12.01.23 - 00:37
    matt3
    Really done some nice work with it!

I have a HP Deskjet 6127. It prints fine with stuff like final writer, but when I go to print in PS it says Bitmap or PostScript Printer and doesn't have ability to print.

Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    Quote:

matt3 wrote: Having a blast using this!

Good got hear you're enjoying using it. :-)
    Quote:

matt3 wrote: Can you print a document to a printer?

Of course you can. What type of printer do you have? Is it an inkjet or a laser or some other type. Also, do you know if it supports PostScript or PCL printing? :-?
  • »12.01.23 - 20:39
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

matt3 wrote: Really done some nice work with it!

You can of course save a document as a PDF, and then print it out as you normally would, but if you've used PNGs in the file then they may not print out as expected, so it's better to use TIFF currently - the PNG 'thing' (bug) has been reported. ;-)
    Quote:

matt3 wrote: I have a HP Deskjet 6127. It prints fine with stuff like final writer, but when I go to print in PS it says Bitmap or PostScript Printer and doesn't have ability to print.

I had a quick look at your printer spec and it seems it is a raster printer, so it probably came with a PCL printer driver, and is NOT PostScript capable. However, you can use Ghostscript or Turboprint's PS option to print out as though it were a PostScript file, or hopefully you can just find a compatible HP PCL5 desktop inkjet printer driver in Turboprint that will do what you need more simply, though the printout resolution may be noticeably/slightly lower than PostScript. 8-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »13.01.23 - 00:08
    matt3
    Ok, almost got this working thanks to your help, thank you!

I have a turbo print driver specifically for this printer, and I went to the post script tab and reviewed the following:
    Ghostscript/bin:GS -sDEVICE=turboprint -q

It can't find the turboprint device.

Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    Quote:

matt3 wrote: Really done some nice work with it!

You can of course save a document as a PDF, and then print it out as you normally would, but if you've used PNGs in the file then they may not print out as expected, so it's better to use TIFF currently - the PNG 'thing' (bug) has been reported. ;-)
    Quote:

matt3 wrote: I have a HP Deskjet 6127. It prints fine with stuff like final writer, but when I go to print in PS it says Bitmap or PostScript Printer and doesn't have ability to print.

I had a quick look at your printer spec and it seems it is a raster printer, so it probably came with a PCL printer driver, and is NOT PostScript capable. However, you can use Ghostscript or Turboprint's PS option to print out as though it were a PostScript file, or hopefully you can just find a compatible HP PCL5 desktop inkjet printer driver in Turboprint that will do what you need more simply, though the printout resolution may be noticeably/slightly lower than PostScript. 8-)
  • »13.01.23 - 01:32
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

matt3 wrote: Ok, almost got this working thanks to your help, thank you!

No problem, glad to be able to help you out of the situation, and get the benefit of printing to your HP 6217 inkjet printer. 8-)
    Quote:

matt3 wrote: I have a turbo print driver specifically for this printer, and I went to the post script tab and reviewed the following: Ghostscript/bin:GS -sDEVICE=turboprint -q . . . It can't find the turboprint device.

So, the Ghostscript application has its own DEVICE, namely GS: which you quote in the option Device in the PostScript printer option of the same name. Likewise the Turboprint device driver for that application also has it's own device, that being PS:. You can of course just use the Bitmap File option instead of the PostScript File option in the PageStream Printer Setup (Preferences) and use the Turboprint printer driver to print out the file that way, or as I said you can save the file as a PDF and then print it as you would any other PDF that you print out with your MorphOS system and your printer.

I hope this has answered your current problem, and enabled you to print out whatever you create with PageStream. 8-D
  • »13.01.23 - 02:47
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I've come across the situation that the iMac Brightness adjustment keys (F1 and F2) released with version 3.18 of MorphOS conflicting with the PageStream Toolbox keyboard shortcut selection keys (F1 - Object Tool, F2 - Text tool - bear in mind that there are other F? Keys that are assigned for use with the Toolbox function buttons with PageStream), and as a result it is necessary to deactivate the iMac Brightness key setting (remove checkmark) while using PageStream.

Ideally there needs to be a way to allow either a modifier key (Control, Alt/Option, or Command keys) to ensure that the iMac Brightness key(s) do not conflict with the PageStream Toolbox shortcut keys in the first place? :-?

Or, allow a user to set/choose the iMac Brightness keyboard shortcut key(s) to suit their own setup? :-?

[UPDATE - 22 May 2023] Having spoken to cyfm it seems the PageStream Function key mapping can be modified using the Script Palette so that a modifying "Special" key (such as Control, or several other key combination(s)) can be added so they do not clash-conflict with the iMac F1/F2 key(s) to set the Brightness level. 8-)
  • »18.05.23 - 20:45
    matt3
    Was wondering when the next updated might be coming? Use this every day and it is pretty darn good really.
  • »03.02.24 - 17:44
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

matt3 wrote: Was wondering when the next updated might be coming? Use this every day and it is pretty darn good really.
    Well I was wondering that too! :-?

I sent a messages to Deron asking that very question, quite recently, to which I have had no reply (not unusual actually, but very disappointing) and more recently read a post of his in the Windows section of the PageStream Forum - Windows - "**Bitmap Printing disappeared**" where he said that he intends to get back to "Cleaning up 5.1", that was after completing some other project, a period he estimated as taking about 6 weeks to complete, that was quoted on 19-Jan-2024, so . . . if he keeps to his intended timetable that would be about the end of February - early March'ish? :-? to start "Spring cleaning" PageStream! We can but hope, and currently I have no news to report back on from an email I very recently sent to Frank Mariak, at the moment, as to whether he is in, or is prepared to get into, his "starting blocks" ready to work with Deron once more. 8-)
  • »06.02.24 - 00:34