• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    The Pro version adds the TextFX, Borders 1 & 2 and Gary's Effects which originally came on floppy disks as separate authors contributions that enhanced PageStream v3 to allow their functionality to be utilised, that added onto the PageStream software. Also included are template labels, 'Quikforms' business invoice templates, along with other documents in template formats.

TextFX - allows you to make fancy text effects, like spiral shapes with words, wrap text around shapes/arcs, etc
    (see - TextFX - PageStream link
    Borders - are patterns you lay over documents like musical staves around the border of a page for a fancy certificate, etc. You can also Create Your Own Borders
    (see Borders 1 & 2 - PageStream link
    Gary's Effects - are fairly, by modern standards, image effects to enhance a document, such as, Average,  Blur,  Convolve,  Equalize, Gamma, Histogram, Hue/Saturation, Maximum, Median, Minimum, Solarize, Thresholdlike
    (see Gary's Effects - PageStream link

Here are a list of some of the templates in the Home & Office folders, there is also a DirectTemplates folder with 19 sub-folders of disk labels, a Templates folder that has those couple of Quikform templates in it, along wiitth a ZIP disk inlay printable replacement label template, CD inlay case template, Business cards template, are also included, but they may be somewhat past their sell/use by date now

PageStream/Documents/Home&Office sub-folders listed below
    School> (folder contents)
    = = = = =
    SeatingChart
    AttendanceSheet
    AnswerSheet

Miscellaneous> (folder contents)
    = = = = = = = = =
    Appointments
    PlannerWeek2
    MessageSlip
    GiftCertificate
    Envelope.No10
    ShippingLabels
    Calendar
    RoutingSlip
    AwardCertificate
    Resume
    PlannerYear
    PlannerWeek1
    Letterhead
    TelephoneLog

Home> (folder contents)
    = = = =
    ThankYouCard
    RedHall_Menu
    PrestoClassical
    PoolChemicals
    MenuPlanner
    Invitation
    HomeContentsList
    GroceryList
    ChoreList
    VideoSchedule

Office->Fax> (folder contents)
    = = = =
    Urgent
    StandardHalf
    Standard

Business> (folder contents)
    = = = = = =
    Invoice3
    Quotation
    DebitCreditMemo
    EmployeeTimeSheet
    EmploymentApplication
    PettyCashReconciliation
    OrderForm
    Agenda
    Invoice2
    Invoice4
    PurchaseOrder
    PurchaseOrderLog
    Invoice1
    DebitMemo
    QuotationRequest
    JobEstimate
    Statement
    CreditMemo
    AssetInventory
    PettyCashVoucher
    Memo
    InterOfficeMemo

Lessons> (folder contents)
    = = = = =
    Lesson-2-DotLeaders.pgs
    Lesson-1.pgs
    Biotech (learning how to use PageStream) Lesson/tutorial

I still have those original add-on (Pro) floppy disks for v3 and v4, though I also bought the Pro version of 4.1.5.6 which came on CD, as well as a few separate utilities for PageStream that weren't actually part of the Pro package, like fonts, calendars, invoices, labels and images etc..

Confirming what is in the Pro version can be found - in the PageStream 5.0 archive you should get a 5.0 Flyer document, and on the reverse of that it states:

PageStream Professional
    Of course, PageStream Pro has been updated to 5.0 as well. The first release of PageStream4.1 Pro was a collection of add ons such as TextFX, Borders1&2, Gary’s Effects, plus the standard release of Pagetream4.1. This release departs from that simple mold. Not only are the various addons part of PageStream5.0 Pro, but PageStream itself has been improved to directly appeal to the Professional users.

New in PageStream 5.0 Pro!!
    • Place PDF Objects
    Pick the page of the PDF to display, crop, mask and more!
    • Export Objects as Bitmap
    Select any number of objects, and save them as a bitmap. You pick the resolution!
    • Automatically Adjust Text Width to Justify
    Instead of simply automatically adjusting the space between letters to justify your text, PageStream can also make changes to your text width to make it fit.
    • Gradient/Radial Blend Masks for Pictures/EPS/PDF/Drawings
    No more flat masks. Now you can blend a picture into the background. Take a column of text and fade it into the background and more!
    • Path Math: Union/Add/Unique/Subtract
    Creating complex paths with PageStream has never been easier! Draw various paths, and create a new path based on the selected paths.
    • and more!

I hope this explains it better, and I haven't missed mentioning anything that is included. 8-D

I also ought to mention that I have found an issue with PageStream v5.1.2 that causes a FREEZE-LOCKUP to MorphOS if you try to generate Text Frames using the Layout> Create Text Frames menu option.

I have informed Frank Mariak/Deron Kazmaier about this issue by email. I feel I ought to mention this to any of you considering buying PageStream. I have used PageStream v4.1.5.6 for many years, and know that this issue with v5 is very debilitating for PageStream until it is fixed, which is sad to have to mention, but I feel sure Frank and Deron will resolve it, but it is currently going to pretty much make v5 very limited, compared to everyday use you can get out of PageStream v4.1.5.6 - but then you get that version to download, if you buy v5.1.2, which you can use with MorphOS, so all is not lost anyway, but it is disappointing for now, well it is for me, and I just thought it was the right thing that you all ought to know of this issue - before you buy it. :-)

I only got to test PageStream briefly before it was released by Deron (author) and soon came across a few little niggles, but I did not find this issue until this morning when I was creating my first document, as up until then I had loaded existing documents, all of which had loaded successfully. :-)

I have come across a few other issues that Frank and Deron are now aware of, but this is the most debilitating issue I have come across for now, which I hope gets fixed very soon. I trust I am not over-playing this issue, but from my experience with PageStream I would have to say that it is. :-(

Creating Text Frames with PageStream is quite fundamental as to how it works, as you usually put text into a frame to lay it out neatly, and link one to the next, right through a chapter, or an entire volume, in squares/oblongs, though you can just type onto the page space and create what is know as a text block but they are usually for sporadic sections of text like a heading or a one off image note, etc..
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »12.09.22 - 14:37