• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @Andreas,

I have not kept up on exactly what has been officially stated (or even unofficially stated) regarding the progress of A-Eon's next motherboard design, so I don't want to reveal anything that I have been told, or otherwise been made aware of, as that is not my place to reveal anything. But I think it is safe to say that A-Eon and Varisys have not been idle for the last 6+ months since I last talked to Trevor, which is why I am a little surprised, but happy for Trevor and the guys at AmigaKit.

Trevor is smart to not divulge information prematurely (this time) as that usually reflects badly on anyone guilty of such a mistake in this community and earns lots of criticism from several vocal members. Trevor learned that lesson well, during the delays that pushed the release of the X1000 further and further out from his hoped for initial release date(s).

I certainly do not expect Trevor to further contribute toward paying the increased cost of the PA6T CPU's, and would expect that any new production runs would only be possible if he has been able to obtain those parts at the same, or similar price as the first batch, or that he would ask a higher price for the next batch of X1000's. Of course I have no way of knowing what price he and AmigaKit have paid to obtain their parts.

I just hope that all is going well for Trevor and AmigaKit with their next endeavor(s), as they are great guys and I wish for them to be successful and prosperous. I also hope that some day A-Eon can come out with hardware that meets the requirements of the MorphOS Dev. Team (both in price and performance), as I would love to be able to support both teams (I mean the A-Eon/AmigaKit team and the MorphOS Dev. Team) on a common platform, as MorphOS3.x is still my favorite operating system of choice. That said, I don't regret purchasing my X1000 to run AmigaOS4.x, as I still retain my interest in all parts of the Amiga community.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »01.04.13 - 23:36