• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I think that most people believe that the OS4 netbook is just a repackaged
    > Limebook [...]. I expect once it is finally announced in a few months that
    > there will be a great cry of outrage toward Hyperion for trying to sell these
    > underpowered e300 based, repackaged Limebook's as OS4 Netbooks at a
    > price between $300 to $500

I don't see this "great cry of outrage" coming when as you say most people are already aware of what this OS4 netbook is, namely a rebadged LimeBook, especially when the target price range has already been announced.

> for the same hardware that Limebook was offering for $100 to $200.

THTF's current price for the LimeBook Z9 is 1599 RMB, which currently equates to 250 USD. And that's for the 256 MiB RAM version. Add the costs for another 256 MiB and the OS4 license and you easily reach 350 to 400 USD.

> They will also probably try to make them a bit different in some small way to
    > use as a reason for why they are asking between 2 to 4 times the cost of what
    > Limebooks were sold for.

If we take the announced upper limit of 500 USD and subtract 100 USD for the OS4 license it ends up at 400 USD for the hardware alone. That's 1.6 times the cost of what THTF is currently asking for it.
  • »29.11.11 - 11:37