• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Andreas has mentioned the one that would be suitable for MorphOS (the T5010)

*Most* suitable. Current MorphOS users with dual-G4 PowerMacs don't seem to care too much that their second G4 CPU lies idle :-)

> if it has the same PCIe limitation as the P5010 then we're stuck with X8 & x1,
    > X4 X4 & x1, or X4 X4 &x$ (i believe, Andreas could correct me on this).

It's 'x8' or 'x4 x4 x1 x1' with SATA or 'x4 x4 x4' without SATA*.

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=3&topic_id=7183&start=177

> its still not as good as the defunct PA6T.

QorIQ P5 can dedicate up to 12 SerDes lanes to PCIe 2.0. The PA6T provides up to 24 half-speed (compared to PCIe 2.0) SerDes lanes for PCIe 1.0 and GbE, which makes up to 23 half-speed lanes available for PCIe 1.0. So I'd say they're about on par overall. The only clear advantage of the PA6T in that regard is its better flexibility, as it can power one x16 PCIe 1.0 slot (which equals one x8 PCIe 2.0 slot) and some more slower PCIe slots whereas the QorIQ P5 can power either one x8 PCIe 2.0 slot and no more PCIe slots or just x4 PCIe 2.0 slots and some more slower PCIe slots.

> most ARMs support either endian solutions

Do we know for sure by now that ARMv7-A supports true big-endian?

* Edit: The SATA constraint may only refer to Freescale's P5020DS board and may not necessarily be there in other boards built around the P5 chip.
  • »27.06.11 - 23:52