• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Minuous wrote:
    @redrumloa:

The platform will be healthier if the developer of its OS goes out of business and the sources to it are unavailable? I think not.

Meanwhile Cloanto have done absolutely nothing for the platform except milk the users for someone else's free emulator for over 20 years, you think they are suddenly going to start caring about the platform!?

Hyperion is the leech here. They are nothing more than a publisher that has time and time again acted in bad faith towards its developers, customers and partner companies. They are currently selling an (alleged) obviously entirely pirate product. Even its core product (OS4) will be found to be illegitimate due to blatant violations of the settlement agreement. Now that Amiga Inc is once again made whole, I see Cloanto Amiga easily winning their court case against Hyperion. Hyperion is a bad actor in this space. I don't see how anyone can defend them at this point. Selling a blatantly pirate product is OK, because it is Hyperion? :smh:

Cloanto is a good actor. Some years back I bought a digital "value edition" Amiga Forever on sale for something like $1.99. Less than $2 for all legal licensed ROMs and OS images. The Amiga Forever physical edition are perfect for people outside of the Kommunity that want a turnkey solution. Just because it isn't a product you may want yourself, doesn't make them a bad actor. Cloanto is on the up and up and have always been on the up and up. That is exceedingly rare in this space, and will be the first such owner of Amiga Inc since probably Commodore themselves. Yes, even Escom had their issues.

-Edit-
    This is even leaving out the fact that Cloanto is now the white knight who saved Amiga Inc from insolvency. It is clearly them who paid the half million dollars to bring the company current, and who knows how much else to purchase it outright. We could be having new Amiga hardware products in the future.

[ Edited by redrumloa 08.02.2019 - 11:43 ]
  • »08.02.19 - 17:36