• vox
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    vox
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > IBM Power machines?

While classifying the Xserve line as Macs is debatable, doing so for any IBM machines would be utter nonsense.

Its not a matter of Macs but usable and widely avail PPC32/PPC64 h/w

> I would opt for Sony PS3 and Nintendo WII (if we could backdoor newer slim models)

Quote:

Slim models of the Wii? Btw, the Wii has only 88 MiB of RAM and 480p/576i resolution.

Too bad WII was so unerpowered (with consoles its not so easy to get real specs). WII seems to be more prone to Linux hacking then bigger older WII-U which is 1.25Ghz triple core and RadeonHD. I ment the cheap slim PS3, but it has "otherOS" removed so hacks need to be used to USB boot.

> only way not to abandon x1000 use would be a nice MOS PPC64 port

Quote:

OS4 support for X1000 will be discontinued with the next release? Beside, the current MorphOS PPC32 could very well be ported to the X1000.

Yes, PWREfficient is fully PPC32 compatibile, board needs a bit of love not given by Hyperion.

Onboard LAN driver will not be fixed (forgotten), Xorro does not have developer tools or usability with avail cards, second core and OS 4.2 prepaid feats are now also forgotten. Newest RadeonHD drivers dont support x1000 since CFE needs update (and bugfixing heavily). Laughable matter is that AEON claims not having source code :-)

Its my private decision not support OS4 software and OS until they deliver original promises of x1000 era - OS 4.2, Timberwolf or newest OWB port and LibreOffice. And fix Linux with SI cards. Or port MOS and fix Linux. Even more then that, CFE needs serious fixes.

[ Edited by vox 28.11.2018 - 08:51 ]
    ------------------------------------------
    iMac G5 1GB with MorphOS and MacOS X
    Lame PC with AmiKit XE
    YT channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdHl_msNWHEVPf229h_gijQ
    Telegram Amiga group: https://t.me/amigaranchorelaxo
  • »28.11.18 - 07:01