• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Spectre660
    I cant get the network to work with my Sam460ex so there is currently no way of me purchasing a MorphOS license for it.
    I dont know if anyone else has the same problem but they could.

Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Quote:

itix wrote:
    The sky is not falling. We already have good range of supported hardware, old and new, slow and fast, cheap and expensive, portable and desktops. Tabor motherboard offer nothing new to us.

We will see if the MorphOS Dev. Team decides if the A1222 is worth porting MorphOS to or not. I don't think it will be a system I am personally interested in buying, but there are many AmigaOS4.x users who have been begging for a cheaper system to purchase to run AmigaOS4.1FE on, and there might be a few MorphOS users who also want a new system that is lower priced than the X5000.

I am not advocating a port to the A1222, but I am also not worried, nor will I complain if the MorphOS Dev. Team decides to support the A1222 by porting MorphOS to it. As has been stated several times already, the port of MorphOS to X64 or ARM hardware is going to take a long time.

As much as I respect Trevor, share the passion of his endeavor (and perhaps secretively wish that I was on his position, leading the scene) I can't close my eyes and turn my head the other way when it comes to the new hardware he launches. Both price and spec wise these options are on the wrong side of the fence. My 2.7Ghz G5 is what, 9 yrs old already or something? And the overall performance can crash all of AEON (and A-Cube hardware). PPC is beyond dead, imho. Are there any cpu options that can surpass 10 yrs old hardware made by Apple and what would be their cost? That should be the base of a discussion for an upcoming hardware product but I think that we all know the answer. My personal opinion is that MorphOS team shouldn't have even done the 460ex and spend resources on the x5000, let alone invest on a hypothetical tabor port. After all, let's be honest, to how many new licenses did the A1 500 resulted to? None of the A1 500 owners that I know personally is interested in MorphOS and none bought it (hey, some even inquired me for a crack of the 50 euros registration :P). On moszone how many new threads did we witnessed soming from A1 500 owners? Release 3.10 and just head for the damn ISA switch. The sooner we break free, the better. The G5 sums up the fastest amiga possible and there are no alternatives worthwhile on the foreseeable future from the (OS4) hardware vendors. The OS is already in an extremely good shape (given its indie spirit) apps will continue coming while the NG port is ongoing, the current systems won't stop working, so I hope that we 'll finally abandon PPC the soonest possible and never look back.
  • »19.10.15 - 11:32