• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    Quote:

Capricornus wrote:
    Hello,

So I have finally found some time to try out my Powermac G5 11,2 with the ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512 MB PCI Express graphics card, and.. the screen stays blank - no chimes, no flashing on the power button, just slowly increasing speed of fans. Any ideas?

Edit: I just read that it needs a separate power connector, oops

Edit: Does anyone have any idea of what cable I need and where to plug it in?

Congratulations!

My cable came with the card when I bought it, but they have to be on ebay or similar.

If the ATI Radeon is not the PPC Mac version you will not be able to get into early startup and boot from a CD to install MorphOS for the first time to upgrade. So you will have to have a hard disk with MorphOS installed on it and it will just boot into MorphOS on the PC card without any issues.

There is a seller on ebay selling PPC Mac X1900 he claims are new. I have ordered one from him and it worked perfectly. I do wonder if he flashed old stock.

If you watch Chris Edwards latest MorphOS video from a week or so ago, the took an 11,2 from the beginning and got it working by adding the video card mentioned above and a nic. It might be worth checking out... I think the cable was discussed in the comments and he went over it.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  • »25.04.24 - 13:35