• Just looking around
    Capricornus
    So much great advice, I didn't expect this to turn into such an elaborate conversation. Thank you all and let me address your comments below.

@Kronos - Quote:

When in question, do neither.

That is a very interesting suggestion, I never considered the iMacs since I wasn't sure about the design, although the more I look at them..

@matt3 - Quote:

I took a 2.0 GHz single processor PCIe system and put a 2.5 from a QUAD in it.

Nice solution, is the swap difficult? I looked at some videos related to the liquid cooling servicing/replacement and a lot of it looks pretty difficult and risky.

@sailor - Quote:

My suggestions is one of this:

Excellent summary that I will keep going back to for reference, thank you!

@jPV - Quote:

But if you're happy with the machine

Good point, I do actually have an iBook G4 A1055 (2003) as well, but it is in a poor state with LCD backlight failing in places and a hard drive that needs replacing. I wouldn't risk purchasing a MorphOs license for that one.

@Templario - Quote:

Well the best option to play 3D games is to buy a Power Mac G5

I don't plan on playing any games that were made after 2005, and I would only stick to dedicated MorphOs software.

@Amigaharry2 - Quote:

I use some PMs here: 5x G5 from 1,8 to 2,3GHz and none is noisy! You can't nearly hear them.

Yes, the vram on Mini is very worrying and probably my main issue with them.

@esc - Quote:

If what you wanna do is play vintage games, the Mac Mini G4 is probably perfect

Yup, although I would like to do some image editing as well, albeit light I think.

@Zylesea - Quote:

I also suggest the imac isight G5. All in all it is a system that offers enough power for convenient usage

The more I read about iMacs the more intrigued I am, hm.. it does seem to tick all the boxes without being clunky.

@Andreas_Wolf - Quote:

That would be ex/cr/LE

Why is the "LE" upper case?

@NewSense - Quote:

I didn't think I was a fan of the iMac initially, but

I am almost convinced at this point :-)

@analogkid - Quote:

You could also be happy with one of the lower spec AGP G5 PowerMacs

Yes, the asking prices are quite high at the moment, I guess these machines are entering the "vintage" phase of their existence and the price will only go up from here.

Once again, thank you very much for so many great comments.
  • »30.11.23 - 11:10