• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    trotter
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    Quote:

trott3r wrote:
    hello,
    i am trying to get my mac mini 1.5ghz 1gig ram back up and running.
    Currently i am using mos2.5 but struggling to update to 3.1 or 3.0 from the cd

Is there a reason why you aren't using the latest release?

Yes i was not sure if i had any cdrs or a drive to burn the iso of the newer oses.
    So i tried so old cds i had burned a while ago.

Quote:

Booting either cd gets me to the loading morphos 3.0 screen but after 27mins it progresses no further.

The loading screen should vanish quite quickly, but sometimes MorphOS seems to hang on it, and you'll just have to do a power button reset. Some versions were more prone for this, maybe these early 3.x versions? Or can you hear CD still accessing?

Yes it did keep slow bursts of activity of the cd drive.

Can you reboot the machine with keyboard (ctrl-cmd-cmd)? Have you tried to boot several times?

Yes i did try several times

Quote:

I can boot my mos2.5 os and read the MOS 3.0 or 3.1 cd from there but the sys:tools/iwizard does not launch.
    I get the error the file is not executable on both cds.
    I tried launching it from shell by dragging it across but still its says its not executable.

There's a protection that you can't use mixed binaries vs. OS/boot image. If you don't success by booting from the CD, you could try booting from a USB stick or by copying a correct new boot image (from the mac_ppc32 dir) into your Boot: partition (for safety, don't overwrite the previous, but use a different name) and an ISO image to your Work: partition, and then boot from the image file from Open Firmware prompt (boot hd:,\newboot.img bi dh2:morphos.iso).

ok thanks i will remember that for the future.
    Running MorphOS v3.18 on Mac mini 1.5GHz 64meg VRAM,1gig ram.
    Palm T3 pda along with pixel 4a GrapheneOS smartphone. Updated August 2023
  • »02.08.23 - 20:06