• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I've never seen a HP-Officejet-Printer, understanding Postscript or PCL till yet
    > (maybe there is one in the proffessonal segment)

Essentially all OfficeJet printers come with at least PCL3GUI support, but unlike PCL3 this is not supported by MorphOS, unfortunately. Some OfficeJet Pro models come with support for PCL5, PCL6, PostScript and PDF, for instance the OfficeJet Pro 8210 currently starting from about 120 EUR in the EU, which despite the "Pro" naming does not seem to be a "Pro" price. Going by these specs, this printer is likely to work with the new MorphOS printing system, both directly via PostScript and via the PCL5 driver.
    To discern the capability of the thread opener's OfficeJet printer, we'd need to know the exact model designation. With our current level of knowledge, we cannot completely rule out that he can use the new printing system, which is to be preferred I think.

> I own a Officejet 7110 - A3 printer, and there is no PCL

According to the official specs, "HP PCL 3" is the printer's language. You even promoted this printer mentioning PCL3 support two years ago:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=18&topic_id=13009
  • »23.11.22 - 21:28