• Just looking around
    kahuna
    Hello everyone,
    This is Jose (a.k.a Kahuna), nice to e-meet you all!

I'm originally from Spain but I live in Canada now. Recently, I became more and more interested in the Amiga world. Never had an Amiga growing up, but always heard about them.
    I was lucky enough to get an A1200 that I really like, and now I'm taking the next step with MorphOS.

MorphOS is running in a PowerMac G5, two 2Ghz CPUs, 4GB of RAM, a Radeon 9600 256MB and a couple of 250GB SSD drives.
    I'm aware MorphOS cannot use more than 1.7GB of RAM or so, but I also have Linux running in this Machine (triple boot: MacOS, Linux and of course MorphOS 3.17 with Chrysalis).
    Love that MorphOS boots up in like 3 seconds :-D

I'm facing some challenges, I'd appreciate some help:
    - Apple's Mighty mouse: The scrolling wheel is not working. It does work in a Logitech mouse I have, but not using the Mighty Mouse. Is there anything I can do to have a functional wheel mouse? other than just use the Logitech one, or you know Amigas didn't have wheel mouses :-)

- Connect to a SMB/NFS share: My home server runs Debian, I'd like to have access to my files / shares from MorphOS. They are exported over SMB as well as NFS. Does MorphOS support NFS?
    I've tried to use 'smbfs' to mount the share, but it isn't working. I saw a post indicating that SMB2 is not supported on MorphOS, not sure if that's the issue. In any case, can anyone let me know what is the command I should run to mount it? It's quite confusing to me.
    My server internal IP address is '192.168.45.40'; workgroup is 'SNK'; user let's say it's 'user'; password: 'password'; share name is just 'data'; the mount point in Linux is /mnt/data (not sure if it's required, shouldn't be)

- SSH/SCP: There is a folder called "remote shell" I believe that basically contains an ssh and an scp client. I was able to login into my Debian server, but I think there are console parameters that are missing, as I cannot hit up to see the last command I ran, or just use the cursor keys in vim.
    The other problem is with SCP, it asks for confirmation on the host key when I try to copy anything over from my Debian server. I type yes, y... it doesn't matter, it just ignores my input and asks the same question over and over again.

- The last thing (for today, hehe) is about the widgets you can add to the upper bar. For instance, I enabled CPU usage, CPU temperature, weather... and all of them are working. However, when I go to the configuration of these widgets and for instance try to change the city code for the weather widget, my MorphOS basically freezes up and I have to reboot the machine.
    Is this a known bug?

Thanks all for your feedback.
    See you around!
  • »18.05.22 - 22:01