• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    pikewerfer
    Quote:

cyfm wrote:
    You can also use the FlowStudio editor to test extended characters. In UTF-8/TTEngine mode, it uses a secondary font backend called TTEngine which is also used by some newer MUI apps like Iris and/or Wayfarer to have character support beyond the classical codepage range. MUI support for the new font backend has been introduced in MorphOS 3.12.
    In theory, you should be able to copy/paste UTF8 data from within a Wayfarer HTML page or load a UTF-8 coded text document with extended characters. You have to integrate new fonts using Tools/TTEManager instead of Tools/FTManager, though. At some point, both the legacy font system and the extended one will most likely be merged but currently they basically coexist for the time being.

Oh wow - super-interesting information! So we basically have a legacy font installation workflow using FTManager & a new font installation workflow using TTEngine! Great. I will test the new workflow asap naturally.

@cyfm - one quick question: should I uninstall the fonts I installed via FTManager before reinstalling them via TTEngine? Or would it be ok to actually install them twice? How would they be shown in the system fonts list if we do so?

@all - this is a really cool crowd, and I absolutely am enjoying my journey into MorphOS so far. I would like to continue - so I will now try to get better hardware (I currently have a Mac mini G4 1.25). What would the currently fastest machine be for MorphOS? Are there upcoming PPC machines one might want to pre-buy?

And I will definitely try to help getting more font onboarded :-)
    Mac Mini 1.25 GHZ, 1 GB RAM, MorphOS 3.17
  • »28.07.21 - 10:17