• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    pikewerfer
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:

Well, there is essentially zero budget for font licensing. Also, even if there was the option to include a selection of commercial fonts free of cost, the license would have to be both permissive and perpetual to be of any interest as anything else would risk the distribution of the OS due to lapsing font licenses or might cause other issues (punitive damages due to non-compliance or unlicensed distribution, etc).

For developers of alternative operating systems (and other niche software), the high quality and open source fonts offered by services like Google Fonts are hard to beat.

True, the Google Fonts are really nice - we made most of them, and had a blast. Working with Google is awesome! :-)

Anyway, no worries, I quite expected there to be no budget for such a thing, and that such a license would need to be perpetual. However, I do believe I might be able to convince my superiors that giving a little charity to something like MorphOS would be a nice gesture - and would please me. :-) Also you can never have enough good-looking fonts.

Let me talk to a few people. I will get back to you about this.

Cheers

Pike
    Mac Mini 1.25 GHZ, 1 GB RAM, MorphOS 3.17
  • »19.07.21 - 07:48