• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    Quote:

cyfm wrote:
    Quote:

MoerBoer schrieb:
    Thanks, I thought I might get lucky with my Focusrite Scarlett, but it's not working when trying all 3.

I do however see it being loaded in the USB section

Screen02.png

As you might have noticed in the log, it outputs

"Unsupported audio class spec version 2.0"

which obviously means that the supplied usbaudio.class driver can't handle it. While this version exists for quite a while, many of today's usb audio devices still use the older spec as it is sufficient for most needs.
    The more professional/expensive devices probably moved over to 2.0 spec by now, though. This definitely requires some additional work on the driver which isn't one of our top priorities at the moment.

I have tried more than 12 external USB DACs and they ALL use usb audio 2.0. and failed with MorphOS. And they are not all that recent.
    Implementing USB Audio 2.0 would be a serious plus. It would allow the use of most external DACs with Mos.
    But as AHI sucks and can't output native hi res streams and does an awful job at resampling, i think it's the whole audio layer that should be changed for MorphOS for something more modern with proper bitperfect output.
    That would turn MorphOS into a perfect Audiophile OS.
  • »17.10.19 - 09:12