• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

snurf_T schrieb:
    Hi there,

I bought a Mac Mini PPC G4 with 1 GB of RAM for running MorphOS on it. The installation went fine and MorphOS works like a charm :). Only trouble: when I connect the Mac Mini to a monitor via DVI the picture disappears after a very short while. Maybe a minute or so. When connected via a DVI-to-VGA adapter everything seems to be just fine. Has anyone experienced similar difficulties? Does this sound like a hardware defect in the Mac Mini? - I have no experiences with Macs whatsoever.

Oh, here just a little info about me. I was born in 1974, live in Germany near Bielefeld and had several Amigas in the past. I only kept a CDTV when I got frustrated with the situation back then.
    Well, I kind of followed the news / forums around the Amiga every now and then which lead me back to checking out some Amiga-like systems. :) - I am running AROS on an Intel Atom, MorphOS (obviously ;)) and gave my CDTV some love (bought a WicherCDTV for it :)).

Alrighty then, off into the adventure...

Cheers.

Is it a Mac mini 1.5 GHz/64MiB VRAM or another model? Which resolution do you run. IIRC DVi on some Mac minis may have issues with high resolutions. Try with lower resolution and/or lower refresh rate.

Greetings from your neighbourhood (GT).
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »01.09.19 - 10:29
    Profile Visit Website