• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Welcome back Padster,

Like many Amiga users, I stopped using my A1000 & A2000 around 1995 or 1996 and did not return to actively following what was going on with the Amiga community, and finding out about MorphOS, until just prior to MorphOS releasing support for the PPC MacMini. Before that I was just browsing eBay and collecting all of the Amiga hardware and systems that I couldn't afford when they were first released. My collection grew quite large at one time, but now I have reduced it to only a dozen or so, and I focus on MorphOS primarily, though the FPGA re-implementations of the Amiga have also caught my interest. If you think that the "Official" AmigaOS running on AmigaOne hardware looks interesting, I would caution you to do your research before jumping into a purchase of that hardware, as there is tons of turmoil within the developing owner of AmigaOS4, and other than the good work that is being done by third parties, such as the developer network that A-Eon and AmigaKit have put together, not much (if anything) appears to be happening with Hyperion Entertainment in regards to doing development work on AmigaOS4.

Great to read that another former Amiga user has returned, and even better that you are enjoying MorphOS. If you have any programming interest and skills, there is an excellent scripting language that is actively being developed for the Amiga, both Classic OS3.1, and OS4, plus MorphOS, MacOSX, Windows, Android & iOS support. You can develop on any of the supported platforms, and compile for any of the supported target platforms. It is called Hollywood, and is based on the LUA scripting language.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »20.08.19 - 17:43