• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Kitchen2010 wrote:
    Quote:

"I could try to experiment with sticks with APM, but that goes to the next week earliest..."

--Time is no problem, when you can solve my problem. I have already wasted almost a month getting to boot MorphOS from a APM-formatted USB stick. If you showed me how to get the bootloader to boot from the .iso image file placed on a APM/FAT32 partition, I would be all happy!

I made a quick test now, first I had a stick with MBR/FAT and it worked fine. Then I changed the partition mapping to APM with HDConfig under MorphOS, and made a FAT partition on it. It doesn't seem to work indeed. I have now tried on three different PPC Macs, and none of those recognized the partition even at the firmware level. So I can't even try to load the boot.img file, because I just get error when trying to list or access the partition from Open Firmware. It really looks that APM/FAT is a no go...

Maybe you just have to use MBR/FAT stick for MorphOS, buy a new one or find an access to some Windows PC to prepare a compatible stick.
  • »27.09.18 - 13:20
    Profile Visit Website