• Just looking around
    Guys, thank you very much for your feedback!

@Andreas_Wolf, Amigaharry2:
    I understand what you mean, but my problem is:
    1. I have no running MorphOS here, i.e. I cannot format my USB stick under MorphOS (= no SFS partition possible).
    2. My Mac Mini G4 has just 2 USB ports which I use for my keyboard and the USB stick (USB hubs do not work, I tred that already), so I cannot have 2 USB sticks simultaneously running on my Mac Mini G4.
    3. My Mac Mini G4 has a broken CD/DVD drive, so I cannot boot from a burned CD of the .iso image file.
    4. What I have on my Mac Mini G4 is a HDD with 2 partitions with Mac OS X 10.4 and Mac OS X 10.5. Therefore that leaves me to format my USB stick with the filesystems: HFS, FAT32.
    5. I would like to create a multiboot USB stick with all installable operation systems for my Mac Mini G4 (Mac OS X (Server), MacOS 9, Debian Linux 8 and MorphOS) which all require to have the USB stick formatted with the APM partition scheme (= no MBR).

Your tips are very useful when I get so far that I can install MorphOS on the HDD (HFS-boot-partition + SFS-system-partition) or when I have already a MorphOS system running already to create a SFS partition on the USB stick (what I unfortunately cannot with my setup).

I would rather stick with the method "boot.img+.iso-file" if that is possible.

@jacadcaps:
    Quote:

"You can just place the ISO file on the same partition as boot.img (so HFS). Just remember that to boot the iso file you need to specify a path using the device name, NOT volume name. So bi=dh0:mos.iso and not bi=system:mos.iso."

So far I understand the documentation pages, the bootloader "boot.img" cannot boot from a HFS partition but from a FAT32 partition and the documentation also says that Open Firmware supports loading from HFS and FAT32 partitions (see links [1], [2]).

I made another try to get it boot from a APM/FAT32 partition:

Code:
    APM/FAT32 - single partition
    Apple Partition Map

# diskutil list
    /dev/disk1
    #: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
    0: Apple_partition_scheme *32.0 GB disk1
    1: Apple_partition_map 32.3 KB disk1s1
    2: DOS_FAT_32 UNTITLED1 31.8 GB disk1s3

# copied contents from folder "/mac_ppc32/" of "morphos-3.11.iso" and "morphos-3.11.iso" itself to the APM/FAT32 partition.

# ls -la /Volumes/UNTITLED1/
    drwxrwxrwx@ 1 user staff 16384 Sep 21 09:54 .
    drwxrwxrwt@ 6 root admin 204 Sep 21 09:54 ..
    -rwxrwxrwx@ 1 user staff 46752 Mar 1 2013 VolumeIcon.icns
    -rwxrwxrwx@ 1 user staff 1501436 Jul 4 05:03 boot.img
    -rwxrwxrwx@ 1 user staff 1100 Jul 4 05:45 boot.txt
    -rwxrwxrwx@ 1 user staff 1852 Jul 4 05:45 bootinfo.txt
    -rwxrwxrwx@ 1 user staff 2657 Jul 4 05:03 macofboot
    -rwxrwxrwx@ 1 user staff 258048000 Jul 18 13:13 morphos.iso

[FAILED] boot ud:,\boot.img bi umsd0:morphos.iso
    [FAILED] boot ud:,\boot.img bi dh0:morphos.iso

(rotating text-cursor)
    load-size=16e8fc adler32=bd628950
    ELF loaded
    DO-QUIESENCE