Guys, thank you very much for your feedback!
I understand what you mean, but my problem is
1. I have no running MorphOS here, i.e. I cannot format my USB stick under MorphOS
(= no SFS partition possible).
2. My Mac Mini G4 has just 2 USB ports which I use for my keyboard and the USB stick (USB hubs do not work, I tred that already), so I cannot have 2 USB sticks simultaneously running
on my Mac Mini G4.
3. My Mac Mini G4 has a broken CD/DVD drive, so I cannot boot from a burned CD
of the .iso image file.
4. What I have on my Mac Mini G4 is a HDD with 2 partitions with Mac OS X 10.4 and Mac OS X 10.5
. Therefore that leaves me to format my USB stick with the filesystems: HFS, FAT32
5. I would like to create a multiboot USB stick with all installable operation systems for my Mac Mini G4 (Mac OS X (Server), MacOS 9, Debian Linux 8 and MorphOS) which all require to have the USB stick formatted with the APM partition scheme
(= no MBR).
Your tips are very useful when I get so far that I can install MorphOS on the HDD (HFS-boot-partition + SFS-system-partition) or when I have already a MorphOS system running already to create a SFS partition on the USB stick (what I unfortunately cannot with my setup).
I would rather stick with the method "boot.img+.iso-file" if that is possible.
"You can just place the ISO file on the same partition as boot.img (so HFS). Just remember that to boot the iso file you need to specify a path using the device name, NOT volume name. So bi=dh0:mos.iso and not bi=system:mos.iso."
So far I understand the documentation pages, the bootloader "boot.img" cannot boot from a HFS partition but from a FAT32 partition and the documentation also says that Open Firmware supports loading from HFS and FAT32 partitions (see links , ).
I made another try to get it boot from a APM/FAT32 partition:
APM/FAT32 - single partition
Apple Partition Map
# diskutil list
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: Apple_partition_scheme *32.0 GB disk1
1: Apple_partition_map 32.3 KB disk1s1
2: DOS_FAT_32 UNTITLED1 31.8 GB disk1s3
# copied contents from folder "/mac_ppc32/" of "morphos-3.11.iso" and "morphos-3.11.iso" itself to the APM/FAT32 partition.
# ls -la /Volumes/UNTITLED1/
drwxrwxrwx@ 1 user staff 16384 Sep 21 09:54 .
drwxrwxrwt@ 6 root admin 204 Sep 21 09:54 ..
-rwxrwxrwx@ 1 user staff 46752 Mar 1 2013 VolumeIcon.icns
-rwxrwxrwx@ 1 user staff 1501436 Jul 4 05:03 boot.img
-rwxrwxrwx@ 1 user staff 1100 Jul 4 05:45 boot.txt
-rwxrwxrwx@ 1 user staff 1852 Jul 4 05:45 bootinfo.txt
-rwxrwxrwx@ 1 user staff 2657 Jul 4 05:03 macofboot
-rwxrwxrwx@ 1 user staff 258048000 Jul 18 13:13 morphos.iso
[FAILED] boot ud:,\boot.img bi umsd0:morphos.iso
[FAILED] boot ud:,\boot.img bi dh0:morphos.iso
[STOPS HERE, Kernel loaded: ctrl-opt-opt works as reset combination]
-----Attachment - used links:
* MorphOS Library - Open Firmware: 
* MorphOS Library - Filesystems: