• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

Nadir wrote:
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    Some updating needed on those pages...

Indeed. While those pages contain some relevant information when it comes to coding on MorphOS, they are definitely not useful regarding Flow Studio or the state of the IDE in general. This is an area where we definitely would need some good tutorial with step-by-step instructions. Anyone interested in helping out? :-)

To briefly answer the original question though: Flow Studio does have integrated project management so there is no need to manually maintain a makefile. You can simply set up a new project and add your source files to it. The project will build by pressing a button in the toolbar and it can also be executed from there. Compiler output will be shown in the IDE and it will be possible jump to any errors with hotlinks.

Additionally, there is an integrated debugger which will help you track down bugs in your code.

As I said, I'm sorry that all of this isn't documented at the moment so you might need to play around a bit to figure it out. It should however work in similar way as IDEs on other platforms.

I had a play with it last night as I found some old code from 2013 on my Powerbook. Flow Studio works very nicely indeed. I removed my own makefile and let FS auto-generate one.

Might actually drive me to finish up the screenbar and release it :)
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »05.04.18 - 18:05