• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

Jim schrieb:

The 32MB of vram on the Mac Mini is not THAT big a problem. Its the same amount of vram I have in my iBook, and that runs fine.

Depends on the monitor's resolution. On the ibook you are @ 1024*768 pixels, but on a full HD monitor with 1920*1080 you have about 2.6 times the pixels to keep in VRAM. The 64 MB VRAM of the silent upgarde mini are rather lowest requirement for this resolution. It hapens not rarely that I run in low VRAM situations on full hd with enhanced display and double buffer on my mini silent upgrade. With 32 MB VRAM these settings would not work smoothly.

But apart from that the mini is IMHO a pretty excellent machine. Tiny, relatively fast, energy efficient and not too loud. I like mine very much and it serves as my main MorphOS machine (It followed my Pegasos 1 and kept its position # 1 against Powerbook and Efika) since eight years (was it 2009 when mini suppt was introduced?) now. The EURs I spent on registration (111 or even 150 dunno, too long ago) were pretty well spent.

My suggestion: Just play with the Mac mini and MorphOS for a while (no need to hurry) and if you somehow feel comfortable with it, get a silent upgrade Mac mini and register MorphOS for it and have some fun.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »28.05.17 - 22:46
    Profile Visit Website