• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    lsitongia
    Quote:

Jim wrote:

I thought you were upgrading the video card?
    An Apple Radeon 9000 would drive that monitor.
    And they are cheap.

I tried one from Amazon turns out it's sold by DV Warehouse. I couldn't get them to pin down if it's a "9000" or "9000 Pro". It's too high (the length from the bus fingers to the top of the card). I found a website describing how to modify the inside of the Cube with a kit someone sold. I don't want to do that. So, I had to return it. I was surprised it didn't fit. Some sites say it fits without modification. So, is that the difference between the "9000" and the "9000 Pro"?

Now I'm looking for an official "32MB Nvidia GeForce2 MX". I see one in Ebay, but it has the PCI slot motherboard backplane slot metal piece common for PC boxes. I had a Power Mac 7000 (or was it a 7200 - something like that) which had slots like that. Nice expandability. The Cube doesn't take those. The Radeon 9000 I got was like that. I removed that metal mounting plate and besides being too tall to fit in the Cube, the connectors were arranged differently than the ATI Rage 128 Pro, so I couldn't use the mounting plate from the Rage.

It appears that special card versions were made for Apple. I think it's going to be hard to find the exact one to fit into the Cube.
    Power Mac G4 Cube, MorphOS with Style!
  • »08.06.17 - 21:31