• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    lsitongia
    Quote:

Kronos wrote:
    b) might be a firmware issue, check wether the Cube is up to date in that regard

It doesn't have the latest firmware. I'd like to update that. That might also help with a new problem:

I got an Apple Cinema Display 20-inch display (the one with clear plastic border) to be stylish with the Cube. :-) It should be able to do 1680x1050 with the old ATI Rage 128 Pro video card, and that's what I've been using with the Samsung LCD display I have connected to the Cube now. But, the Cinema remains blank and its power light flashes three times short, which is the error code for video signal mismatch. I tried a couple of other resolutions in MOS (connecting the Samsung, changing the video setting, saving it, removing the Samsung and plugging in the Cinema, and booting) but I can't get it to work.

The odd thing is that the Cinema remains blank when I boot the OS9 install CD that came with the Cube, but the power light doesn't flash. Then, when I boot up the official Apple Hardware Test CD that came with the Cube, it shows on the Cinema fine and reports that the resolution is 1680x1050.

So, the Hardware Test CD is the only one that works with the Cinema connected.

I've read that in order to update the firmware, a booted partition needs to be running OS9.1. I will have to blow away the MOS install, but that's okay.
    Power Mac G4 Cube, MorphOS with Style!
  • »07.06.17 - 22:24