• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

lsitongia wrote:
    Quote:

Doffo wrote:
    Random suggestion: unplug the cd drive. I have had bad CD drives in which my MDD Mac would crawl or freeze the system.

I never tried a cube. In all honesty least acquire a Quicksilver mac or MDD. :) But if you can unplug the cd drive try that. Surely the hard drive isnt going bad. Memory could be a culprit I suppose. Try swapping around the memory if unplugging the cd drive didnt work.

I'll give that a try.

Another thought: could a bad battery cause this? I think I need a new battery.

Another: I haven't bought the licensed MorphOS yet. Although I haven't gotten to the 30-minute crawl, could that be the cause of these hangs?

Thanks, everyone!

No, at about 30 minutes it just slows down to close to intolerably slow, it doesn't hang up.
    I'd check the system out thoroughly.
    And an Apple G4 Radeon 9000 should run perfectly in your system (AND they are cheap).
    There ARE some space constraints with the 8500 and 9000 you should be aware of.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac_g4/faq_cube/power-mac-g4-cube-video-card-hacks-geforce-3-5500-6200-radeon-9000.html

BTW - The Radeon 9200 is also a possibility, AND a few people have been crazy enough to figure out how to install a few of the smaller Radeon 9800s (I would NOT recommend that as solution though).

[ Edited by Jim 27.05.2017 - 20:46 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »28.05.17 - 00:02