• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Quote:

Elowan schrieb:
    Ok, I renamed the UUIDs to the right "dev/sda´s", like so: Qud8pXy.jpg and o3sIxmR.jpg

then I tried to "ybin", but it fails (as always): 5XwCERo.jpg a bit strange, seems like "sda2" is missing all the time I try to run ybin, but it´s there...

guess it´s fucked up!

It definitely is. Just tried out replacing the UUIDs with /dev/sda* like you did and this works on my PowerBook without any problem.
    Quote:

Elowan schrieb:
    Here is my idea: would it work, if I just copy my sda3 data to USB Stick, re-install linux and then just copy data from usb to harddisk?

The problem is (like I posted in the beginning of this thread), that I do not want to setup all stuff again in debian...

Is there a way to boot from ubuntu cd, somehow make a copy of all data from my ext4 linux partition and later write back onto a new install?

Good idea, this should work.

You can copy/restore partitions easily with gparted from your Ubuntu CD.

1. Backup your root-partition to an USB stick.
    2. Create a new mac partition table with gparted on /dev/sda.
    3. Install MorphOS.
    4. Boot into your Ubuntu CD again. Use gparted to create a HFS-partition for yaboot. Set the "boot"-flag for this HFS-partition using gparted ("Manage Flags").
    5. Create a swap partition.
    6. Copy your root-partition back from USB to /dev/sda using gparted.
    7. Check your new partition table with blkid. You should see only one root partition now, not two partitions with the same UUID, hopefully.. ;-)
    8. Edit your yaboot.conf with the new data learnt from blkid.
    9. ybin -v
    10. Edit fstab with the new data learnt from blkid. UUID for your root should be the same as it was before. swap will have a new UUID as it is newly created.

Good luck!
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »24.02.16 - 18:26