• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Elowan
    hey ernsteiswuefel,

thanks for reply.

Quote:

At the moment you do boot your machine with yaboot, right? So there should already be a /etc/yaboot.conf which you simply need to edit with a text editor. This can be done after installing MorphOS because MorphOS overwrites the boot sector (really sda1 which serves as boot sector) anyhow. The important part is not to forget to write the changes with ybin to disk. Merely Editing yaboot.conf does not change anything.

Yes, yaboot is the debian ppc bootloader. And yes, there is also the config file, which I edited a while ago. Changes must be confimed with ybin ("blessing", I believe)

As you explained, MOS will overwirte the boot sector - so yaboot is gone, i guess?
    This brings up the question, how I can get it back???

So I will need 2xHFS boot partitions (debian and MOS) + one ext4 and one SFS to store some date on... but why a 5th partition? Is this the one between debian and MOS, like in the tutorial???

I will check with gparted and report back, how exactly my current disk layout looks like.

Would be great, if you could have a look at it and give some advice, will you?!

best regards
    12" ibook G4 1.33Ghz, 1.5GB RAM, ATI 9550 32MB, 16GB SSD, WiFi, BT, ComboDrive
  • »22.01.16 - 15:02