• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Quote:

Elowan schrieb:
    Ok, so I just have to make the two HFS partitions with gparted (by booting/starting it from a CD, because only unmounted partitions can be changed, I believe), then install MOS?

But how/when do I configure the yaboot entries? Can I do that in advange or later?

kind regards

At the moment you do boot your machine with yaboot, right? So there should already be a /etc/yaboot.conf which you simply need to edit with a text editor. This can be done after installing MorphOS because MorphOS overwrites the boot sector (really sda1 which serves as boot sector) anyhow. The important part is not to forget to write the changes with ybin to disk. Merely Editing yaboot.conf does not change anything.

What is your current partition layout? And what is your current yaboot-partition? As far as I know yaboot only works with mac-partition layout, so you already should have a HFS partition for yaboot. You can check this with gparted. Then you need another HFS-partition for MorphOS boot.img and a data partition for all the other MorphOS-stuff.

The most simple case is a 4 partition layout. 1 x HFS for yaboot, 1 x HFS for MorphOS boot.img, 1 x ext4 for Linux, 1 x SFS for MorphOS. The 5th partition (sda1) is automatically created when you choose a mac-partition layout with gparted.

man yaboot.conf would also be enlightening. ;-)
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »22.01.16 - 14:34