• MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

Elric wrote:
    Hello!

Can't you just modify your "ext" to create a little place? That means one "hfs" around 100Mo for the boot, one "SFS", say from 2 to 4Go, for MorphOS System; after, MorphOS can use ext, so your "work" can be (at least partly) your usual linux one...

MorphOSian salutations.

You always need *ONE* place the OF can read. This is preferable the first partition on HD. This can be HFS or HFS+.

As far as i remember you can simply copy the boot file for linux to that HFS partition and give it a go. Using a proper forth script you do not need another boot manager. Just launch the boot image and done.

If i am wrong and linux needs to read the boot partition as well, then you need to create an additional small FAT partition keeping the boot files. But no clue about that.

I always installed my dual boot systems (with OSX) the other way around. I installed them first and simply added a MorphOS partition later. The MorphOS boot.img i placed on the HFS+ partition and used a forth boot script to select between OSX and MorphOS command.
  • »19.01.16 - 11:38