Acolyte of the Butterfly
    deka
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    Quote:

deka wrote:
    'While they might be preferrable in 64x64 sizes to some of us'

Or more bigger... I would love it!
    I mean, there are many really nice looking flat icon sets which are available in biger size. (256x256, ...)

Please consider that 256x256 icons require substantially more memory, which is limited, as well as disk space, which, for instance, increases loading times.

That is true... but
    1. MOS is slowly moving into the direction of having faster HW with more memory.
    2. Let this decision to the users: If they want a faster working or cooler look, they should be able to decide.

Of course, the 64x64 icons are big enough for a usual dir structure... makes no sense to have all the icons bigger, but lets check for exmaple the Music folder. How cool could be a huuuge icon for the performers or for the albums. It doesn't look very well in 64x64. Imagine, that your favorit performer could be twice big, as the others are. Isn't a cool thing?
    Or a well designed huge starting icon for an app as it was possible on old Amigas. I think such things has a really cool feeling, what isn't there on any OS now. (At last, I haven't seen such thing yet)

Other usage could be the bigger drive icons/links on the desktop. I don't like the crowded desktops. It really makes sense to have bigger things on it.
  • »06.10.16 - 10:06