• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

geit wrote:
    Quote:

Desktop-Dynamite wrote:
    "Make sure it is a SanDIsk SSD. Other SATA Models may not be compatible with a G5 or your IDE Adapter, depending on the Mac model you own.

Do not buy an IDE SSD. They are expensive, slow and using old tech."

Hi regarding this thread, I have an ibook g4 [14 inch- 1055]. I was actually thinking into buying an IDE SSD instead, can I fit a SATA SSD instead of IDE SSD for my ibook?

In that case you need a 2.5" IDE to mSATA adapter and a mSATA SSD.

I suggest to go for a quality Delock version of the adapter, as the cheap versions seem to overheat (you can be lucky, but who knows.) depending on the model.

Avoid those 10€ thingies to save money. In the end you pay twice. The only thing you need to know beside is that there are two mSATA voltages (3V and 5V) and you need a matching pair of adapter and MSATA card.

I've been using a cheapo Chinese adapter with a Crucial mSATA SSD in my PowerBook G4 for a couple of years. While the performance is adequate it's not exactly amazing so I'm thinking perhaps it's the adapter that is the bottleneck, do you suggest I buy a different adapter?

I've never heard of Delock before and a quick Google didn't find many for sale in the UK. Do you recommend any other brand?
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »30.11.15 - 23:51