Capricornus
    Quote:

Capricornus wrote:
    Quote:

matt3 wrote:
    Quote:

Capricornus wrote:
    Hello,

So I have finally found some time to try out my Powermac G5 11,2 with the ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512 MB PCI Express graphics card, and.. the screen stays blank - no chimes, no flashing on the power button, just slowly increasing speed of fans. Any ideas?

Edit: I just read that it needs a separate power connector, oops

Edit: Does anyone have any idea of what cable I need and where to plug it in?

Congratulations!..

So I went to try out the 6 to 6(+2) pin connector and.. the plug is too big for the motherboard socket, turns out I need the 6 pin to mini 6 pin cable :-/ Ordered that today so will probably try again next week.

[ Edited by Capricornus 10.05.2024 - 14:37 ]
  • »10.05.24 - 14:36
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    I took a closer look at the card you bought and it is definitely different from what I use.

I have the exact same version as Chris Edwards in his video. So in my experience, I'm not sure if your card even though a Mac variant would work.

Let us know. I looked for the link for the exact card Chris and I used and I couldn't find it.

Quote:

Capricornus wrote:
    Quote:

Capricornus wrote:
    Quote:

matt3 wrote:
    Quote:

Capricornus wrote:
    Hello,

So I have finally found some time to try out my Powermac G5 11,2 with the ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512 MB PCI Express graphics card, and.. the screen stays blank - no chimes, no flashing on the power button, just slowly increasing speed of fans. Any ideas?

Congratulations!..

So I went to try out the 6 to 6(+2) pin connector and.. the plug is too big for the motherboard socket, turns out I need the 6 pin to mini 6 pin cable :-/ Ordered that today so will probably try again next week.
  • »10.05.24 - 15:36
  • Just looking around
    Capricornus
    Quote:

matt3 wrote:
    I took a closer look at the card you bought and it is definitely different from what I use.

I have the exact same version as Chris Edwards in his video. So in my experience, I'm not sure if your card even though a Mac variant would work.

Let us know. I looked for the link for the exact card Chris and I used and I couldn't find it.

Quote:

Capricornus wrote:
    Quote:

Capricornus wrote:
    Quote:

matt3 wrote:
    Quote:

Capricornus wrote:
    Hello,

Congratulations!..

I am a little worried now..
  • »10.05.24 - 15:41
    matt3
    Certainly no worries friend!

It might work, as it has 512meg of video ram and they seem much more compatible from what I have read.

It is just a bit of a crap shoot and I never tried your card. At least you didn't spend crazy money, so for a few bucks it was worth a try.

If it doesn't work, finding a card that will shouldn't be that hard given what people have reported.

This is imho the best system to run MorphOS on, Chris did a good job showing it off. So hang in there, it will be worth it in the end for sure. I use mine everyday and it stays up for weeks before I reboot it. Really enjoy MorphOS on it!

Quote:

Capricornus wrote:
    Quote:

matt3 wrote:

Quote:

Capricornus wrote:
    Quote:

Capricornus wrote:
    Quote:

matt3 wrote:
    Quote:

Capricornus wrote:
    Hello,

Congratulations!..

I am a little worried now..

[ Edited by matt3 10.05.2024 - 12:09 ]
  • »10.05.24 - 17:07
    matt3
    I looked at it again, it certainly looks close enough to mine. I bet it works.

Here is the one I bought:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/281312852047
  • »10.05.24 - 18:47
  • man
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    i have a pci card saphire x1950 256 m pc

i have a powermac g5
    it ll see to use it
    bit it s only the 256 m pc that work on powermac g5
  • »11.05.24 - 15:03