• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Currently I am experiencing a strange problem with Scribble (from the 3.10dev SDK). Yesterday I did some small example programs with it (working through the C-Primer Plus by Stephen Prata, yay! ;-) ) which went fine.

Today I wanted to open these .c files with Scribble but I got a complete freeze every time (MorphOS 3.9 on a Powerbook 5,8). Starting Scribble --> works, opening some other file via open icon --> works, opening my .c-files from yesterday --> freeze. Opening these same .c-files with Multiview/more/Ed just works.

So I created a new simple HelloWorld.c with Scribble and saved it --> works. Curiously, after creating and saving the new file, I can now also open the .c-files from yesterday without crashing the machine! After a reboot I can open my newly created HelloWorld.c, but the ones from yesterday still freeze the machine... I also checked the filesystem of my partition, but SFS says it's fine.

The only 'special' thing I did with these .c-files is to try out a few of the code-formatting options (GNU, Linux, etc.).

Interesting... Can anyone reproduce this?
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »13.04.17 - 17:15