Coding on MorphOS 2.0
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    What would be the best compiler to go with? StormC or gcc + GoldED?

For anyone else that wants to know..

What other languages work fine under MOS2? (dont care which... sdlbasic, ACE, etc ?)

I'm interested in RAD so posting something that assists in this would be helpful.

[ Edited by TheMagicM on 2008/7/14 22:32 ]
  • »15.07.08 - 03:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    @amigadave

I don't understand what you mean by "group". How do you think to formalise it?

Because your explained goals are missions of such link I've pasted.
    But as you can see programmer-only forums are difficult to maintain alive. We've not so much, we're all busy in one or more projects, plus the real life.

But now I think that all of us are fine to help each other... we just need someone to drive that ;-)
    And now... next project!
  • »14.10.10 - 08:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • JJ
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    JJ
    I want/Am trying(got very little spare time) to learn C/C++ and would be great to be part of group learning to code on MorphOS and be set some tasks.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2
  • »14.10.10 - 10:59
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    @Amigadave,

Keep me in the loop on this, no promises but if the format and timeframe work for me I would love to program in c again. (I coded in SAS C on my 3 K about 15 years ago)

Regards,

Matt
  • »14.10.10 - 11:11
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Well, as Yomgui has pointed out, all of us are busy with work and life in general, so free time is valuable and sometimes scarce, so I want to keep this as simple as possible. Anyone that wants to contribute ideas of how to facilitate keeping the group interested and motivated to reach the goal of becoming a competent programmer, capable of creating or collaborating with others to create new MorphOS native applications and/or games is encouraged to participate.

To keep it simple, we could start by identifying who is interested, who is available to answer questions and make suggestions on how to proceed with the learning process, and what tutorials, or unfinished projects the group should practice on, in addition to studying any C/C++ resources they might have of their own, such as books, or electronic media that is available to them.

After we gain some knowledge and experience, the group might decide to work on a project together, with occasional assistance and guidance from one or more experienced programmers.

The Development forum here on MorphZone.org could be used as the group's primary location for discussions and sharing of information and experiences as we progress, unless someone wants to suggest another location. Some communication could also take place, out of public view and criticism via PMail, or email, but constructive criticism is helpful.

Using a forum format is slower in response time than using IRC, but it is more flexible for people living in different time zones and having different times available to work on learning to program.

My idea is not to have anything with strict structure, but more of a loose support group of people with similar goals that help each other progress and stay focused on completion of the goal, as well as completion of smaller tasks along the journey.

I have many books as resources, but they are not as easy to share with a group, unless I scan a few pages at a time that are pertinent to what the group is trying to learn at any given time, and email them to the group members.

Any and all ideas are welcome.

[ Edited by amigadave on 2010/10/14 13:21 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »14.10.10 - 20:20
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I am sending out my spreadsheet list of people that are interested in sharing information about programming on and for the "Amiga" (Amiga includes all flavors, MorphOS2.x, AmigaOS3.x & 4.x, AROS, etc.).

If anyone else wants to be added to the list, please contact me via PMail, or email and provide me with the following information

Name
    Nickname
    Location (state/province & country where you live)
    email address (one that the other members of the group can use to contact you)
    Programming Skill Level (Experienced, Intermediate, or Beginner)
    Programming Language(s) (that you know, or are learning)
    Current Projects (what you are working on, or want to work on)

The list is just for use by members so they can contact each other for questions and advice on where to look for programming help.

The group may decide to meet occasionally on IRC to chat about programming topics. There is no obligation to participate or answer emails, unless you have the time to do it, so no guilt trips or complaints. Just help when and where you can, nothing formal.

I hope that more members here will choose to join and share the above requested information. The support group is not limited to MorphZone.org members only, as I have recruited people from many other Amiga forum sites as well.

I hope to get more responses from some of you (currently have about 30 members of the group)
  • »23.12.10 - 18:44
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    I almost can't believe I've replied to your personal message... Count me in as the "zero-use" collaborator! ;-)
  • »24.12.10 - 12:55
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @jcmarcos,

If you are interested in programming on, or for any flavor of the Amiga experience, then you should be in this group. It is just a way to try to encourage more people to learn to program for MorphOS2.x, AmigaOS3.x & 4.x, & AROS. It is also a place for experienced programmers to collaborate with each other and share their experience and knowledge with the beginners, like me.

The goal is to get more software written for, or ported to all flavors of the Amiga. We need more programmers and software.

I will be announcing a time to meet on IRC some time on Sunday, January 2nd, 2011 for our first meeting. The exact time has not yet been determined.

Edit: For those that received an email with the list yesterday, I am sorry for the miscellaneous extra pages from the template that was used. It has been corrected and updated with more members contact info and the new version will be sent to you when the time for the IRC meeting has been finalized.

[ Edited by amigadave on 2010/12/24 19:14 ]
  • »25.12.10 - 03:11