• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Well, as Yomgui has pointed out, all of us are busy with work and life in general, so free time is valuable and sometimes scarce, so I want to keep this as simple as possible. Anyone that wants to contribute ideas of how to facilitate keeping the group interested and motivated to reach the goal of becoming a competent programmer, capable of creating or collaborating with others to create new MorphOS native applications and/or games is encouraged to participate.

To keep it simple, we could start by identifying who is interested, who is available to answer questions and make suggestions on how to proceed with the learning process, and what tutorials, or unfinished projects the group should practice on, in addition to studying any C/C++ resources they might have of their own, such as books, or electronic media that is available to them.

After we gain some knowledge and experience, the group might decide to work on a project together, with occasional assistance and guidance from one or more experienced programmers.

The Development forum here on MorphZone.org could be used as the group's primary location for discussions and sharing of information and experiences as we progress, unless someone wants to suggest another location. Some communication could also take place, out of public view and criticism via PMail, or email, but constructive criticism is helpful.

Using a forum format is slower in response time than using IRC, but it is more flexible for people living in different time zones and having different times available to work on learning to program.

My idea is not to have anything with strict structure, but more of a loose support group of people with similar goals that help each other progress and stay focused on completion of the goal, as well as completion of smaller tasks along the journey.

I have many books as resources, but they are not as easy to share with a group, unless I scan a few pages at a time that are pertinent to what the group is trying to learn at any given time, and email them to the group members.

Any and all ideas are welcome.

[ Edited by amigadave on 2010/10/14 13:21 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »14.10.10 - 19:20