• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    1) Yeah, I've just released everything yesterday!
    I've made English translation this morning and a news on AmigaImpact and MorphZone, I'm waiting for modo to validate it now ;-)

2) Please forget any previous and old posts about PyMUI. Nothing related now.

3) DiskDoctor: yes you've put the finger on a bug: not possible to have two python.library...

Normally, the AmigaOS exec design is made in such way that libraries are versionned. So, an update of a lib shall be done by changing the version number and not the library name.

But the fact that functions entry points are located at static posistion, hard-coded in .h files (pouah!) causes that the order and posistion of these functions shall not be changed during the life time of the library.

This is the problem: The 2.5.4 library is not compatible with the 2.4.x and below. I've changed many functions and the overall way to support the Python functions pool.

Be sure that I will not change the lib func order (FD's) for 2.x releases.
    But be aware that there is a risk of incompatibility for the 3.x (I don't know yet... I'll try my best).

So for now, I thing it could be possible to have 2.5 and 2.4 on the same system... I need to check something at home. I'll reply here if it works ;-)

4) be aware that r39 of Python works as well as r41 except that zlib module missing in r39 archive, but can be found on the same page. And there are also a bug fix fixed in r41 (see on my bugtracker: http://yellowblue.free.fr/bugtracker/view.php?id=18)

5) RTFM as always 8-)
    And now... next project!
  • »10.11.09 - 13:54
    Profile Visit Website