Kronos
    - you don't need to use hooks to get userinput. You could generate a MUIM_Application_ReturnID call for every user input, some IDs are allready predefined (see autodoc/guide)but I would strongly advice against it. Better create (atleast) one custom class with clearly defined methods for user inputs (this would basicly be your "app" with the rest just being the GUI)

- intuiticks (and all other IDCMP-events) can be received either by MUIM_Window_AddEventHandler or MUIM_Application_AddInputHandler

- _window(obj) will give you the intuition window-pointer for any given MUI-object. But be aware that this will only work for objects currently placed inside an open window, and the value will change when the user iconfizes or moves the app to another screen. So don't store the value and make sure its only called between MUIM_Setup and MUIM_Cleanup of that object.

-your example code has obviously created a subclass of MUIC_Application and a bunch of costum methods in it (pretty much what I advised in my 1st point).

[ Edited by Kronos 23.06.2013 - 22:33 ]
  • »23.06.13 - 21:32