• MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Quote:

If I want to skip custom classes for a while because I did not learn about them yet: what else could I do to embed a picture as source into my executable?

Nothing really. If you embed picture into executable you either use raw format (png2c) or load it via datatypes/reggae but you still cant supply it directly to MUI because it wants real filename.

Quote:

I read about "internal" and "external" custom classes. The latter one being those .mcc, I guess. Are you talking about internal ones? I guess the main difference is whether you want to share them with other applications (external) or not (internal). Is that right?

Yes that is right. External custom classes are .mcc files and internal ones are, well, internal. Internal custom classes are easy to construct. You have to provide your own dispatcher and call MUI_CreateCustomClass(). This returns IClass pointer you can supply to NewObject() to create new objects like they were any MUI objects.

Quote:

Is there a minimal example somewhere out there to learn from it?

Try Chocolate Castle. Real external MCCs need lot more support code you dont have to usually care about.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »16.04.13 - 20:30