• MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Quote:

bigfoot wrote:
    I also just noticed that if I enable the FPS counter, the FPS counter misrenders the same way the report screen does.

Yes, FPS counter uses the same GUI-view and font.

Quote:

bigfoot wrote:
    If you have any suggestions as to what might be causing the misrendering, I'd be happy to hear! Here's a screenshot of the problem. The end scroller and the settings GUI both seem to render correctly as far as I can tell, it's really only this results screen that's giving a problem.

Characters in each string (also wrapped) are created as one vertex array with proper coords, texcoords and (in case of a font with gradient) vertex colors. The vertex array is kept in string view and is recreated only if this is necessary (e.g.: the view is resized, the string is modified, color of the text is changed). Font uses texture in grayscale as alpha for flat (or gradient) faces:
    Code:
    glEnable(GL_BLEND);
    glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);

This allows you to easily change the color of fonts because I use this:
    Code:
    glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_MODULATE);

Problem visible on your screenshot can concerns the texture. I use mipmapping… Maybe in case of grayscale textures there is a problem with generating mipmaps?

Code:
    glGenTextures(1, &textureGLName);
    glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, textureGLName);
    glPixelStorei(GL_PACK_ALIGNMENT, 1);
    gluBuild2DMipmaps(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_ALPHA, width, height, GL_ALPHA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, data);
    glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST);
    glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);

However… I don't think so because I use grayscale textures in GL_LUMINANCE and GL_ALPHA format very often on 3D objects and we see that everything looks correctly.

Only differece between rendering font mesh and object mesh is:
    before rendering a font I use this:
    Code:
    glOrtho(0, viewport.getWidth(), 0, viewport.getHeight(), -1, 1);

before rendering a 3D mesh I use this:
    Code:
    gluPerspective(fovY, aspect, nearZ, farZ);

The report is rendered with disabled depth buffer testing
    Code:
    glDisable(GL_DEPTH_TEST);

disabled polygon culling:
    Code:
    glDisable(GL_CULL_FACE);

and with alpha blending:
    Code:
    glEnable(GL_BLEND);
    glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);

But these functions:
    Code:
    glDepthMask();
    glDepthFunc();

are not used in case rendering of only 2D layer. On end scroller and in launcher before rendering 2D layer is rendered a 3D scene.

I will look for potential reason of the problem. Maybe I will detect more differences between rendering 3D+2D and only 2D...

[ Edited by MDW 12.07.2023 - 14:38 ]
  • »12.07.23 - 13:04
    Profile Visit Website