• MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    I'm making steady progress on the R600 driver still. The shader compiler is now close to being complete, mainly missing support for a few esoteric opcodes and a bit of code to handle some hardware limitations.

The bad news is that there still seem to be some smaller issues preventing most things from running correctly. For example things like Quake 3 and Cro-Mag Rally seem to run correctly except for some smaller graphical glitches related to textures that I still need to track down. It'll likely take at least till next week before I get those bugs squashed.

There's also an issue where the hardware crashes sometimes, which is another thing I need to track down. I'm not sure how long that will take, as I don't know if it's a hardware or a software bug, or a combination of the two.

There's also some features that I still need to implement, such as stencil support, point and line drawing, user clip planes, face culling, polygon offset and cube maps. I've got no ETA on these features, but most of them aren't very complex to add, so it won't be too long.

Then finally I'm still working solely on the Radeon HD 5450. Everything else in the Evergreen and Northern Islands series (Radeon HD 5xxx and Radeon HD 6xxx) should work without issues with the same code that runs the Radeon HD 5450, but I still need to test it to make sure. Then there's R600 and R700, the Radeon HD 2000, 3000 and 4000 series, which I did also add code for, but which haven't been tested yet and will no doubt need some debugging to work as well.

Lastly, here's a screenshot of Shader Test running on the Radeon HD 5450 after I fixed support for fragment killing/discarding in pixel shaders today.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »06.07.23 - 19:50
    Profile Visit Website