• MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Thank you for the support, everyone! I appreciate it! :)

The sixth public TinyGL beta release is now out.

The main change in this update is the completion of project 1: Implement the fixed-function OpenGL pipeline as shaders. This change fixes a variety of rendering problems in various apps and games on hardware that currently supports shaders, meaning R300 and newer.

Unfortunately there are a couple of known regressions in this update as well, but at this point they've reached a number and severity that is low enough that I didn't want to hold off this update any longer before getting it out to you all.

The known problems all affect R300 and newer hardware and are:
    - Virtual Grand Prix 2 runs noticeably slower than before, and the rear view mirrors no longer render correctly.
    - FooBillard has rendering glitches it didn't have before. However this update also does fix some rendering issues that were previously broken, so this one is a mixed bag.
    - Descent Freespace is completely broken.
    - Reportedly there's an issue with the plasma blanker, but I'm not entirely sure of the details at this point.

I will probably release one more TinyGL update this year that hopefully addresses all of the above, plus any other regressions that might be reported by you.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »16.12.22 - 12:28
    Profile Visit Website